Nerve damage after prolapse 2 yrs ago..anyone else struggle sitting down

Posted , 6 users are following.

2 yrs ago in June had front and back prolapse operation... still can't sit down properly due to nerve damage in my rear passage.. been through several medications all with side effects ..saw pain management clinic last week who prescribed 3days of syringes of gel up my back side. .. getting so depressed and fed up. Anyone else going thru similar .. gel made no difference. .awaiting a tens machine to try next.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill, lying here with an ice pack on my rear end, so yes can totally empathise with you.

On Gabapentin, not doing much, the burning is horrendous, rectocele repair a year last april. Didn't work, it's back again.

• Posted

Hi,

You've probably already had this investigated but... have you seen a pelvic floor Physio? My whole system spasmed after prolapse surgery, causing all sorts of different pain. After a few weeks of treatment I feel like I might be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.