Nervous

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all.

Im gonna sound wingey.

Im two days away from PH and Manometry. I can only have gaviscon today and nothing tomorrow.

Im a bit anxious as dont wish to get bad again as I can already feel I didnt have meds this morning.

How did u cope with it?

I know it needs to be done and its important.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Tomorrow eat only soft food like mashed potatoes that your stomach can easily digest. When I feel sick I stay on light food and avoid food that causes indigestion.
    • Posted

do you feel sick a lot with your acid reflux...which foods do you find bad for you..and which are good.. struggle with which foods to eat...
  • Posted

Hi Katerina

Don't worry, you will be fine, I had it done last June, I felt great for a couple of months after coming off ppi, but now I'm back suffering again, good luck

• Posted

Hi. Had my manometry done this morning.

I managed it ok. I didnt gagged at all.

Now sitting at home with the PH probe down me stuffing my face.

• Posted

Well done, the worst is over, you will feel a huge sense of relief tomorrow when they take out the tube, you won't feel a thing

• Posted

Hi.

U managed to come off ppi which is great.

What happened that it returned? Do u know why?

My tube came out today. Its nicer without.

• Posted

I'm in same situation having mine next Wednesday so have to stop Nexium Friday and then Gaviscon on Sunday. I'm just gonna stick to food that I know don't cause too much damage or problems. 

Over and done that's what I want. 

Had my endoscopy 2 weeks ago and that was pretty unpleasant especially as I decided to brave it without sedation, wouldn't again though!

• Posted

I stopped nexium 7days prior as my letter said.

I knew id be ill if i just stop everything.

My gastro said i could go on ranitidine once i stopped nexium.

Stop ranitidine 2days before procedure. 1day gaviscon. Dy before testing nothing and the sane follows through until test it over.

It dudnt hurt.

I didnt gag either.

Manometry probe is thicker but bareable for 15mins orocedure.

Ph probe us very thin. I can barely feel it.

Ideally u should eat what ud eat if u were healthy and didnt have im assuming acid reflux.

They want u to be symptomatic. It helps them to get to the cause of issues.

Ive already had coffee, tea, cheese sandwich, salt and vinegar crisps. I will have curry and wine tonight.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up