nervous about going to work on flu

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all

i am training to be a teaching assistant and i do 2 days in a school i am into my 9th day on flu and i am really nervous and scared about going in to school as i dont know how i will cope and i know that i will be paranoid about wether they can tell or not last week was school hols so i could go out just when i needed to

take care

mum2jord

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi mum2jord :cheerup:

avoid stress like the plague :shock: it's very early for you with the meds :? you say you are training, well trust me the world will NOT come to a grinding halt if you take time off :wink: be selfish, you need to think of yourself for once, stop beating yourself up, you are PHYSICALLY ill, this is a heavy duty illness, give the meds time and you WILL feel better :wink: :mrgreen:

keep posting :ok:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

hi ken

thanks for replying and thanks for the advice :ok:

take care

mum2jord smile

• Posted

Hi there mum2jord

I understand what you must be feeling and think that if you really can't cope then it's better to take some time off. I was working as a Nursery Nurse and things just got too much for me so I had to take time off. I haven't returned to work due to feeling so unwell and there's no way I can teach without energy - something that I've completely lost.

The only thing is that if you're training then you'll probably need the hours to complete your course - am I right?

Hope things work out for you. Let us know how you get on.

take care smile

• Posted

hi behappy

thanks for the reply , yes i need the hours to complete my course i'm taking this week off ,as i'm only training i dnt like to let them down by taking time off

take care smile

mum2jord

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.