Nervous for test results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey so I have had some vaginal discharge some days heavier than the other.sorry for the details but it's odorless and white or colorless when dried on pad can look yellow..it's has been a few months on and off and I finally master the courage to see a doctor. .i hate to see doc cause it triggers my anxiety..so docs had a look and said doesn't have any lumps thought he can see the discharge so he prescribed me with anti fungal cream and candid v1 to insert in..though just to be on the safe side he did a pap smear for me and now my anxiety is like crap cause I can't stop the what if thoughts of cervical cancer as me and hubby really looking forward to expand our family so I'm so worried..any advice?I don't have bleeding or anything..just that the other I scratched to hard due to the itch and the skin bled a little..that's all..no pain or anything..doc says will get back to me once the results is out in 2-3 days time..I'm worriedmore. Help

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Discharge can vary in person to person. As long as it the colour you describe with no smell it's probably nothing to worry about. some women have discharge daily basis and can vary on how much during the cycle.

I've been told this from a gynaologist, as I've been to the doctors with discharge however, mines been from my teens! I have had scans, swabs even a camera and eveything is fine! I've had three different consultants look at me.

If there's no blood either I'd just try and keep calm

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey thanks alot..mine had been 6 months now..and it's just uncomfortable..I was diagnosed with anxiety close to 7 months now. .i read somewhere stress can cause excessive discharge too..I just really hate to think I may not be healthy. .I'm 23 and have an 18 year old boy so I really wanna be healthy and out there for him..I hope there's no problem..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

it could be a simple PH imbalance. Washin yourself in perfuned body wash. Ideally jsut water is enough so I'm told so again there is so many different things it could be, most are not serious especially at a young age
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Okey..thanks alot..it will be a few days until the results are out so I'm trying to think positive..my hubby supports me alot though he said it's not cancer or anything he's pretty sure it's an infection as will all the anxiety I did neglect my hygiene and we'll being alot..I lost alot of weight I don't drink enough water and I shower probably once a day only..I just managed to pick myself up and start living my life..I just when for hair treatment and I'm planning go for a highlight soon next mths and I'm starting to dress up and be happier I just hope this won't bring me down again
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hey hun try not to worry too much,i know thats easier said than done,im sure everything is fine,i have been through the whole waiting for smear results,i never had any discharge with mine if that helps,i had pre cancer cells found just in time thankgod,i hope your results come quickly hun xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i know its awful hun,having anxiety just makes everthing more harder to deal with,im all fine now had the bad cells removed last year,had a smear test after that and was clear,just try and not worry over it all,and thats me saying that,someone whos a wreck about everything,i went through a year of hell with the whole smear thing thinking i was guna die from cancer,and to be honest the only thing that did make me ill was the worrying,anxiety,bloudy awful thing it is,keep strong hun u will b fine xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's good..I hope I don't have any bad news at all..Im just really tired of thinking im sick and I'm gonna die any minute. .i cant seem to enjoy anything like I just moved in to my new home and planning to expand our family and all this nice things and plans in my life and suddenly this anxiety hit me hard..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im sure it wont be bad news hun,its so hard not to worry when anxiety kicks in,then the worry makes us feel ill and feel like we are going to die of something,alot or most of ppl with anxiett feel the same,always worring we have got a illness,worrying about leaving the kidz,lets hope for better days to come xxx
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up