Nervous without reason

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

For a few years now I've felt nervous or worried everyday to the point I feel sick, but I have no idea what I'm actually nervous about.

Even things that I should look forward to like going on holiday I get anxious about.

I also have heart palpatations and have been for lots of tests but nothing conclusive came back.

I haven't told the doc about my anxiety as I'm worried I'm wasting their time or they'll think I'm wasting their time.

I'm sick of feeling sick every day and I feel like I'm just trying to get the day out of the way and I might feel different tomorrow, but I never do.

Does anyone else feel like this and what could it be

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it sounds exactly like generalized anxiety disorder. The heart palpitations are very common with this and they will not hurt you. They are due to the adrenaline that your brain releases during anxiety. you are definitely not alone because millions of people have this exact condition.

Don’t be afraid to discuss your anxiety with your doctor. You are not wasting their time, this is their job to help you. generalized anxiety disorder is no different than any other health condition.

I would also suggest that you speak with a counselor about your anxiety so that they can help you manage it better. ,

i’ve had generalized anxiety my entire life so I know exactly how you feel. The symptoms are not the problem, the problem is unmanaged anxiety that causes the symptoms.

this condition can be inherited so it’s nothing that you did. It can be inherited like anything else.

Do things to relax your mind. there are some great meditations for anxiety on YouTube. I listen to them every day especially when laying down to sleep.

so I would say the main thing would be to get some support for this such as the counselor., Relax your mind with mindfulness meditation on YouTube, don’t overreact to the anxiety or it can get worse,

learn proper breathing technique which will relax you and stop the palpitations. It works every time! You can find it if you search YouTube for something called stop panic attacks now. Then scroll to one called don’t panic in black letters. She guide you through it and is very short but effective! Hang in there and know that we are here for you! Take one day at a time ❤❤❤

• Posted

Know exactly how you feel. Anxiety is a lonely place but after limited therapy I have found deep breathing is my salvation and believe it or not talking to myself in the mirror and egging myself on. Recommend you purchase Over coming anxiety by Helen Kennerly. Take care and only positive thoughts easy to say but hard to achieve

• Posted

Thanks for you're responses.

It's hard with noone to really talk to about it as I feel like people think it's just made up and I worry what people think of me.

I will try your suggestions thanks... Is it something that is likely to go away with time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.