Never Been Late

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, all.

I'm 27 years old. Got my period at 10. I've always been like clockwork every month to the point I barely track it. This month, it seems I'm nearly a week late.

Last week when I should have gotten it, I was incredibly stressed. I had a derm appointment to see if a mole was cancerous or not, thankfully it's benign. I was barely sleeping and eating. I became physically ill due to the nerves about this appointment.

But thing is, I'm a naturally stressed and anxious person, last week it was just more intense, so I'm not sure if stress is the culprit here.

I'm not pregnant, I know that for a fact. I have no health conditions at all. I don't use birth control or any other medication.

I'm trying not to stress and just let nature run its course, but I can't help but feel concerned. I have no pain or anything within this area.

I'm wondering if the stress played a part in this month's delay, or if my body is changing? Although I find that hard to believe after having a regular period every single month for almost 18 years.

I know no one can diagnose me, but I'm just looking for any suggestion and feedback.

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Stress might be a reason. It can be stress you’ve experienced earlier in your cycle or even the stress you’re experiencing waiting for your period – both can actually make your period late. You might need to see your doctor if your period gets any late. 
    • Posted

I'm thinking it's stress, but who knows. Weird thing is, I started having very light spotting on Friday night. But then that completely stopped. So that leaves me more confused. If I don't get it by the end of the month, I'm making an appointment. Not sure what they'll be able to do considering they say if you miss two or three periods to come in, one usually isn't worth worrying over. But I can't wait that long. Maybe they can give me blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.