Never had this before... Help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So... I was doing ok today and this afternoon out of the blue I felt very faint and I my left arm and hand started shaking then my heart felt like it was about to explode and my eyes were very sore and I became very tired .I literally thought I was going to pass out, like it felt so real. I eat well and regularly and about 2 weeks ago the doc was satisfied with my health and my blood pressure was all good. I also had a blood test about 2 months ago and it came back ‘perfect’. I am terrified of diabetes or a brain tumour. Everyday is a living nightmare my mind is tortured. Please can I have some reassurance guys?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

You had a panic attack. Did anyone tach you how to breath thru one? Belly breathing and inhale the blly spands and exhale the blly flattens. If you can properly figure out how to slow h breathing grab a straw and use the straw. Thats how they train young children. So it works well. You need to be in cbt, learn mindfullness and go and watch some videos of the science behind a oanic attack so you understand whats happening. Its scary, no doubt. The goal is to not dear the attack and accept it as it is so it doesnt recycle again and again. Most people do not faint because bp issus raise. Some faint, its not that scary calms and stops it all and you come to fast. Embarrasing and takes a bit to regroup. Usually its a person who has low blood pressure or is dehydrated a lot. You would have already fainted if this was you. Stomach viruses would have triggered it in you as a kid so you would have known by now. They call it vaso vagel syncope. Im older, bp not low so that doesnt happen any more and i keep hydrated. I didnt feel the way you descibe either. I think you were experiencing the reverse. Very uncomfortable qnd scary no doubt. Try the breathing and as odd as this sounds do no fear the fear eushing thru you. So easy to say but it will calm itself down once the rush completes the cycle. Oh if you can get a hold of ice hold it rub it on the nqpe of your neck and put ice  chips in your mouth. Short circuits the rush. Hang in there as time goes by youll figure this out piece by piece. The more you learn about it the easier it is to accept it for what it is. It will always pass!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Doctors - I would go to the Doctors or Hospital. If you have had this before and know its Anxiety then yes you probably dont need to go - but if this is something new thats happened the first port of call should be a GP / Hospital. Whilst the reason could be innocent - temp blood pressure, blood sugar etc - its always good to get it checked.  It does sound like you may have had a sugar wobbly where your blood glucose may have dropped - but thats more of a logical guess without knowing you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It was probably nothing. Do you exercise regularly?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you been under stress lately or any medication? Maybe its a panik attack.Try some deep breathing techiniques daily and stop thinking about it as it will get worstened.  Stay calm and best of luck smile
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up