New and Scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have just started Orlistat three days ago-no weight loss yet( yes, I weighes myself despite promising I wouldn't!) and I have swollen ankles within one day -side effect? Am worried about all the possible side effects-ie liver damage, hepatitis(its on the COMMON side effects list) sad

I was really thin all my life up till i was about 20/21(I am 22 at the moment) then all of a sudden,piled on five stone-went from just over 9 stones which is underweight for me as I'm 5 foot ten inches to just over 14!

Anyhoo any words of comfort to offer me??lol

Mel smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you been checked over for other possible reasons for weight gain, like thyroid etc ?

Also the hepatitis is not in the common side effects but under the \"reported but frequency cannot be estimated which means it could be a coincidence but by law they have to mention it so I really wouldn't worry about that.

• Posted

Hi Suza yes I got a blood test for thyroid and it was clear. Just had my first 'orange oil' Gadz lol x
  • Posted

I also got orange just as I started so put it down to body not being used to the tablets. Just make sure you are checking the TOTAL fat content and keep within the limits, no more than 30g's per day and no more than 15g's at one sitting. make sure you also tally any snacks you have.

I find this diet very easy as it so basic in it's criteria.

• Posted

Have you been drinking lots of water? If this doesn't help to shift the fluid off your ankles I think I would visit the Dr and see what the problem is....I've not heard of anyone having swollen ankles on the bluey's...take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.