NEW BEGINNINGS

Posted , 9 users are following.

So the Forum Family awakens to a new day, a New Year, and a new beginning

New Hope?

Hope is ephemeral I know. Here one minute, gone the next. But we, as a whole, have something far more solid to cling to. We have each other

The power of support from those who truly understand, who have experienced that which we go through and struggle to control, is beyond price.

How can this be? I was thinking about that, about you all, today. How can complete strangers be our lifeline, our support when loved ones, unwittingly, unintentionally, fail us?

Yes, we might hide from loved ones much of our true suffering for fear of becoming tiresome. But the answer, I believe, is we are not strangers in the true sense

We might not know names, faces, but you are me and I am you.

Each of us shares the experience of AD/PD, ergo each of us truly understands the other. And because of this we lay bare our true feelings

We might not agree on the self-help methods. What works for one might fail another. But the important thing is everyone reaches out to help and support each other

Fear and loneliness, feelings of shame and helplessness, the inability to cope all alone, are the foundations which cement AD/PD firmly in place

So the reaching out of others makes this Forum a special place. It is our place, our refuge, our support line.

So when I was thinking about you all this morning I was not hoping, that being hard to sustain, but willing you one and all, to make a fresh start with renewed energy and belief

Let's all let go of last year with all it's ups and downs and heartaches. Lets all move forward and make this a great year, a healing year.

Together we can do this. Strength in numbers

We have each other to make this possible!

Day one, Forum Family!

Onwards and upwards

Love to all

Helen

8 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Helen , thank you for your kind words ! It's awesome feeling to know , that's 

somebody is always here to help ! Yes , we need each other .

Support & understanding makes such a big difference the way we feel . 

Just to know that , makes easier to cope with the symptoms ! 

Very ispiring Helen  ! I appreciate that ! 

All the best . XX Donna 

• Posted

Hi there Claire

Don't be disheartened by the lack of local support!

In some respects,  in day to day life, we walk this hard path alone. And yet, we are not alone, Claire. The Forum Family walk with us, if not physically then emotionally.

As you cope with today, so do we all!

We are all in this together, all facing the same Anxiety Beast, all using every self-help method in our armoury to keep it at bay, to wound and eventually slay it

Loneliness when we are ill is a state of mind and not dependant upon close proximity of another human being.

Never feel alone in your struggle.

You are not nor ever will be alone

As you go through the day as best you can, as calmly as you can,

know that your Forum Family is all doing the same.

We rejoice in the small victories of others, we rush to comfort those who at times cannot overcome their fear

How then, can we ever be alone?

Yes, we must physically move through the day by ourselves

But emotionally? Every Forum Family member is willing us on.

Take comfort from that, Claire smile

Hugs and keep moving forward honey!

Helen smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.