New fear of Stroke or TIA?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. It's me again. Some of you may remember that I came here about a week ago after thinking my chest and left arm pains were heart-related. I went to the ER about a week ago and they did X-rays, blood tests, urine samples, and an EKG. It all checked out. I had a follow up appointment with my PC the other day and he said I was likely having high anxiety

Well, my chest and heart don't really bother me since then. Today, I have a new worry. I've been having some head pressure today (like a band wrapped around my head), and some numbness in my face and weird eye thing (I can see fine, but it just feels weird? I can't explain it). I made the mistake of looking this stuff up...is it possible I had a stroke? Or a TIA? Or will have one? I'm 21, overweight, but my blood work from the ER came back okay and my blood pressure was high-normal. It's freaking me out...is it possible this is anxiety again? I also feel like my fingers want to lock up or something, I'm tired, etc. 

Thanks for your help, as always... 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have a wicked tension headache. Try drinking a lot of fresh water, somehow it just helps with these headaches and some motrin and get a cool wash cloth to place over your eyes and rest. I just recovered from a migrane these things hurt. An intense tension headache can be exhaustion, dehydration and yes anxiety. Also if your on medication ask if that can cause it too, it will pass. Yes it hurts. My guess from my own exoeriences with headaches and what yiu desribed is it feels heavy like your eyes can close but its uncomfortable. Like a mooshed face kind of thing. Yes face can feel numb in places, even tingly.

The washcloth is good but they do sell face ice masks if you can buy one they feel great. Not really ice its some gel or beads in them. They have them in all the pharmacies. Sometimes called peas. They arent actual peas though. 

Its not a stroke. Thats not how one would even present itself so you can forget about that. That would be so fast and immediate you wouldnt even have time to get all these symptoms. 

Google types of headaches and hit images. Youll see yours in the pictures. 

• Posted

Thanks for this, Lisa. I actually called home and talked with a family member for like 2 hours while I took a long walk. During that time I slowly started to feel better, which is usually what happens. I don't know why this happens to me. I'll definitely schedule that therapy appointment...maybe it'll help. 

You're a great source of information and reassurance. Love & hugs - 

--Nick 

• Posted

Yes that's exactly tension headache and anxiety I have it like every day lots and lots of pressure in my head and forhead

• Posted

Thanks, Emily. I do feel better after a long walk and chatting on the phone with a loved one. It just really worried me because my head didn't hurt really badly at all, just a slight and constant pressure. And the more I thought about it, I seemed to start struggling with words and taking notes, then getting really nervous and dizzy, etc. But it sounds like you experience similar things - which stinks, but it's nice to know that someone understands! If nothing else, all this anxiety may motivate me to lose some weight and be healthier. Just wish it didn't start so suddenly or make me so nervous!! 

Much love, 

Nick 

• Posted

Yeah anxiety will make u so nervous and scared you will start stumbling on your words.... And even get like confused and jittery hot fiushes lots of dizziness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.