New Flare Up

Posted , 5 users are following.

As a suffer with DD for nearly a year I'm now in the middle of a Flare Up.

iv been proscribed anti B, Metronidazole and Co-amoxiclav.

1 each 3 times a day.

Does anyone have any information about any reactions to these drugs.

K

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Bit grim, but keep going ,take the course, and drink loads of water ,and don't

eat anything solid. Just slippy stuff  

• Posted

Hello Jaci

Thanks for this information.

Im so annoyed with my self. I was doing so well now this Flare Up.

Im trying to work out what I had different to start this Flare up but can't think of anything.

K

• Posted

Do the probiotics , every day You probably ate something without 

realising it .It's easily done, just see if you can remember what you

ate, a few days before the flare

• Posted

Very annoyed with myself for the Flare up

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

• Posted

Don't stress .it makes it worse . You will feel a tad better in the morning

Night, sleep tight

Tell me how you feel tomorrow

• Posted

i had a flare up last year...was prescribed a strong dose of cipro and metronidazole...the metronidazole really gave me diarrhea...it was tough but i finished it...a FODMAP Diet was best to be on at the time...also take probiotics helps...good luck & feel better.
    • Posted

Hello Mary

Thanks for that information.

Im not sure what you mean by FODMAP?

K

• Posted

i know how you feel about being annoyed...i get that way too...sometimes i think it just happens without it being something you did or ate...i can't always figure out why i get flare ups also.
    • Posted

Sorry, jumping in all over the place but it may also be a good idea to keep a food diary to monitor what you eat.  No-one has suggested it however, it may prove very useful in the long term.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.