New here

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all I am new to this forum i am a 24 year old female I am married and have a beautiful daughter that is 6 months old I have been living with anxiety and panic attacks for as long as I can remember my symptoms include dizziness, shortness of breath , feeling detached to the world , nausea, drowsiness , feeling depressed , feeling like I'm about to pass out or have a heart attack and the list goes on that is my life everyday the only thing I think about is anxiety and when my next panic attack is going to come. When I got pregnant I felt like my anxiety and panic attacks were relived I wasn't getting them as much as I usually do but as soon as I gave birth boom! They came back and they came back worse then before there is not one day where I don't have a panic attack I avoid leaving the house because it makes it worse also when I drive it makes it worse I can't sleep properly at night because I feel like I'm asleep but my mind is racing with thoughs so when I get up in the morning im so tired and lazy all day I always feel like something bad is going to happen to me or a family member I have never been on meds because I'm scared of the side affects I have been to a phycologist 3 times 4 years ago but I stopped going because I wasn't comfortable talking to him anyone else go through what I go through? Anyone have any advise ? I don't know what to do. Thankyou for reading

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

same thing with me, after I had my son it got worse. I tried Ativan but didn't like how it made me feel. I went to see a therapist and it was one of the best things I've done. Learning techniques to reduce and stop the anxiety was awesome and really helps. It still flares up at times but it is better and it helps to just talk about it with someone. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hello Sarah, The times I experienced these type of attacks were med related. Once though recently I was experiencing one and took zyrtec d. The feelings went away. I am 59 and have seasonal allergies for which I take zyrtec d. But it has helped me when I was feeling anxious. If you try it and it helps you it may be that you are experience an allergic reaction to something daily. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.