New here...panicking a bit!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, I would be really grateful if someone would reply to me. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago ,but I think I've had it for many years. I seem unable to take any of the drugs,as the side effects are as bad as the complaint. My dr won't prescribe Valium for muscle relaxation,but seems perfectly happy to prescribe high dosage codine,to be taken up to 4!times a day.( please anyone does this make sense? I'm very much aware you have to be careful!! But for short periods and to relax chronically tense muscles they work!)  my question is how do any of you judge if you should go to the Drs? Every time I feel really bad I am tempted to go ,then I think what's bathe point? As there's often so many things wrong and how do you explain it all.and do they care really? Just feel so isolated with it sometimes. They diagnose you and you get on with it. You feel like saying " please help me" and it's very depressing to know that they probably can't! Major flare up at the moment and weird new symptoms,it gets scarey!...anyone else feel like this???

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynda I've got fibro, arthritis and herniated discs in my spine. I'm taking morphine, paracetamol, Pregabalin, clonedine, Dosulipin and robaxin which is a muscle relaxant and it works! I've eventually found a gp that I can trust so I've had a monthly appointment for the last few months, I make notes of what is bothering me that particular month and I tell her. I write down any new things that I come across on here and another site that I'm involved with. I know that im lucky, but it didn't fall into my lap it took a bit of work. I started looking for a doctor that was good for me, I didn't compromise or make do, I knew what type of a doctor that I needed and thank God I found her! Working with your gp is a two way street where you're both learning new things, I really hope that you find 'your' doctor. As for different symptoms omg I could go on forever ask my doctor haha! Whatever is bothering you write it down, which is in itself cathartic and discuss with your doctor and voilà hopefully!! Good luck with everything, huge hugs. S xx
  • Posted

Yes! I've been to a million Dr.si can't stand them all they want to do is give you tons of poisonous drugs that as you said cause more problems. I don't know why your Dr. Won't orescribe muscle relaxers though if they're so willing to prescribe addicting strong meds! That's ridiculous.

I know they're expensive and I don't know how your insurance is, but I would try a natural path...it has helped me a lot! I'll never be back to normal, but they've helped more in a year than Dr.s have in ten! sad

Sorry you're going through this, it is painful, depressing and scary like you stated. It sucks. sad

• Posted

i am glad you have had the same sort of experinces then me [well not glad] but you know what i mean ,i have very little faith in doctors .

and get shot down a lot on here for saying so .

just because i dont want to put poisons in my body

that wont do anything except hide the symptoms .and cause me other problems that the doctors will give more drugs to sort out ,its endless  spirel staircase .that i dont want to start on.

• Posted

Thank you so much all of you.I was SO pleased to hear from you. A while ago I joined the UK Fibro site and posted more or less the same question..not one reply! So thank you,its helped a lot just knowing I can post and someone replies.

I have been and bought some magnesium this morning.

• Posted

Hi Lynda I'm the same, having someone reply to you is wonderful, I'm here with my cup of mint tea replying to all of you, or reading your different posts which are really helpful and I feel so much better, not alone for one. I too am going to get some Magnesium hope we both get the results that we want, good luck, huge hugs. S xx
    • Posted

It's really good to talk to people who are also going through the Fibro struggle, soooo much support and encouragement..just read that you have adverse sude effects to Magnesium...if it's not listed as a side effect..it maybe the Fibro...chat to your pharmacist..I'm in Australia and it's very easy-our pharmacists are part of our community...not sure if the same thing happens in other countries though..keep blogging...Lynda...be blessed..:-) xxxx
  • Posted

Oh help!!! I bought the magnesium (same sort Bluesman recommended) I took the recommended dose of 2 a day. I know I am sometimes very sensitive to things,but after 5 days I stopped taking them. I was so,so tired almost drugged. I have tried Magnesium before and it had the same effect. Thing is I don't cope well when I'm that tired,if I'm that tired I get depressed.,negative and tearful. But I found while I was taking them the GERD I had hbeen suffering with for a few weeks went away.the day I stopped it came back.do you think if I persevere the tiredness will lessen? Don't know which is worse the drugged feeling or the GERDGERD!
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that. What seems clear is that either the calcium or magnesium has had an effect on you. The tablets have certainly helped me sleep better but I have been less tired during the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.