new here please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been feeling depressed for about foyr or five mo ths and have now admitted it and started anti depressants 2.5 weeks ago. I have an 8 month old baby so could be post natal. I can't be bothered doimg anything.  Looking after him is a chore. I am usually an energetic person who just gets on with life. Nothing gets me down etc etc. The worst symptom is foggy head. I don't feel like am really here. Just feel wierd. Wondering if anyone else has this and how lomg it takea to clear up? This is the symptom that gets me down. Oh and the tiredness! 

Tia xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I was the same, tired with terrible anxiety but couldn't express my feelings at the time and didn't get diagnosed. It could be post natal, hope you have support around you, hope you have an understanding doctor to talk to about this so you can enjoy raising your baby. It's so important because my anxiety spoilt my happiness when I had my child and obviously made him tense. Hope you can get some help and take care of yourselves x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Bless you.  You are bound to feel tired with a young baby.  It could be a side effect of medication.  It can make you feel like you describe.  Have you discussed this with your doctor?

I am so sorry you are feeling low, and it does sound like post natal depression.  Is that ewhat the doctor said it was? 

Anti depressant take a few weeks to work, anything up to 8 weeks, and often you feel worse before you feel better.  Hopefully you will begin to feel better soon.  Give the medication time to get into your system.

I do hope you feel better soon. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Being a mum is the hardest job in the world,  but also the best an rewarding. I know being a mum myself. 

You should talk to your doctor about how your feeling. Hope you feel better soon 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Being a mum is the hardest job in the world,  but also the best an rewarding. I know being a mum myself. 

You should talk to your doctor about how your feeling. Hope you feel better soon 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks guys.  Yes have spoken to doc. Back on Thursday.  Just wish meds wld hurry up and kick in before I go bsck to work in February and can enjoy crimbo with my family.  My 8 year old is bearing the brunt the poor soul. She's hyper for santa and I am grumpy and tired! Xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Angel it sometimes takes years to shake depression, worth the struggle though. (I should know) used this site afew years back when I too was suffering same s--t you are? Believe me I thought it would never cease? It does? Having a slight relapse at the mo hence why back on this site? You take care hun, you have friends here.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up