New job

Posted , 4 users are following.

Two weeks ago I got a new job. I've always had panic attacks but lately they've been every morning. I enjoy my new job however what I think brings it on and is driving to work and knowing there's no toilet stops for me. Can anyone suggest how i can call this down?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just keep reminding yourself that's it's all in your head and remember that your life comes first.
    • Posted

I always tell myself to calm down. I sweat like crazy so I put my air con on cold in the car and then tell myself it's not real. But I also shake like crazy and feel sick and feel I need the toilet desperately. If I ring someone I can calm down as it's taking my mind off it but when I'm leaving the house at five in the morning I can't ring anyone. Im not sure what to do to prevent myself getting in such a state or whether to go to the doctors see what he says?
  • Posted

I get this on my journey to work, I get the bus so I usually listen to music or meditation. When I wake up I feel sick to my stomach about the prospect of the day ahead, when I'm in work though I feel OK. I think the more you do it the easier it'll get.
    • Posted

Yeah that's like me. When I nearly get to work I'm fine and when in at work I'm fine. I think it's the fear of the journey there. I've looked at other websites and they have said just keep going and face the fear and it will eventually go away but how long will that take because it's affecting my life too much.
  • Posted

Just use the toilet the last minute before you go and when you get in the car just think abuot that in only x amout of minutes I will have a toilet.  Now, do you have the same problem when you come back from work?  If not, then is not the toilet, is the new job and the pressure you are putting on yourself.
    • Posted

I use the toilet just before I leave for work. Coming back im fine. However if I'm out on my own and I have to drive for a while then it happens then to. For instance I went to take my brother home the other night and I was fine until he got out the car and the whole way home I felt I was gonna puke, I needed the toilet, I was shaking and sweating. So I rang my sister and it went away because I distracted myself. I think what makes it worse on my way to work is because I start so early, I have no one I can ring which makes me panic more. However I put music on and talk to myself and say that I'm going to be ok. I'm hoping the more I go to work to easier it's gonna get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.