new meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am on mirtazapine over week now i was currently on citralopram 10 mg, im now on 15mg of mirtazapine my good i feel like a zombie during the day still .. plus i have to take this at night i suffer with gad.. do u feel normal again after a few weeks plus i have a few xmas partys coming up surley to god u couldnt be taking this at night time then drinking any feedback most welcome

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was on it for four days. Its been such a shame because i have ocd, gad and panick attacks and it worked wonders on that. However i have an eating disorder, and no matter what i ate i couldint get rid of the intense starvign feeling in my belly. If it hadent been for that i wish i coukd have stayed on it it worked wonders on anxiety. The drowsinesss wore off after a couple of days. I still felt it a little bit but would have gone away i think. I hope this works for you
  • Posted

From experience, consider reducing your drinking and stick with the pills. I think the moderate drinking (less than 10 units per week) and taking the meds was more beneficial than drinking. 

I'm on Mirtzapine 30mg, Olazanapine 5mg and Concerta 72mg (for ADHD). Pills are not a magic fix on their own, so moderating drinking and talking to a professional also helps. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply I don't drink that much might have a few glasses of wine at weekend nothing to heavy I might go bk to her she put me on them for sole reason to want sleeping right also with my gad thank you for reply
  • Posted

Hi Michelle

Mirt' has a slow release sedative in it, so you will always feel slight fatigue, sometimes worse than others. After several weeks the drowsyness is less, the dreams, dry mouth, burning, itching, all calm somewhat. Drink with Mirt' is difficult, just one glass may be ok, but more and next day's hangover is more than anyone deserves - and drink always makes depression/anxiety/insomnia/OCD etc worse - sorry about that!

Wishing you well  smile

• Posted

Hi calmer thanks for feed bk I don't think I can put up with it I will go bk and see if she can up my dose and citalopram I can't stop living either thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.