New Neurologist and EMG

Posted , 4 users are following.

Finally got to see a Neurologist here in Israel. Still waiting for my file from the US.. It's been over 3 months since I asked for it. The other day I was shopping and my right leg went numb.. I fell.. Then I got up and the cashier was upset I fell.. I said I have a neuro problem. Well when I handed my stuff to him my right arm went numb. Dropped everything... I'm 9 yes post decompression and c1 laminectomy... Anyone experience this kinda thing so long after surgery? Aside from that.. Constant headaches.. Pressure headaches.. Numb and tingly legs and hands.. Tingly tongue.. Stop breathing and choke on food.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have read some other story, yes, they have some problems as you are, I am 5 months post decompression, I am the lucky one - I had the best chiari NS, gone that headache, pain pressure etc, but what I have now is constant pain on my feet and spine (C5/C6) apparently its normal, somethime I find it hard to walk, but I am taking yoga class and massage each night with magnesium and taking Vit D and calcium to help healing the bone. Just be positive...get another op...and be persistent with your NS - chose the best if you can...
  • Posted

Yes i have. Decompression 8 years ago, a few symptoms remain. Recently I had a fresh MRI which my neurosurgeon, Mr Flint, said was quite satisfactory. However he did write that following a survey some 20% of patients still had some symptoms after decompression. Wanted follow up lumber puncture to check fluid pressure.Still thinking.
  • Posted

Still waiting on insurance to approve the EMG. What I want to know is why after 9 yes are the problems back. What next?
  • Posted

Post surgery symptoms could be due to scar tissue build up. Some people have 2nd and 3rd surgeries to address new symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi Gabby, I was with Mr Flint as well, I am going to see him again for Post decompression check up - do you still be seeing by him even after so many years?, yes, I have had 3 LP, I think its working for me to take out the oressure, I told Mr. flint I am going to be seen by the orthopedic NS, but he wrote me a letter saying, its best to wait for after I seen him (Feb17) for any operation ...just in case it is something to do with the effect of CM (neurological problems) do you remember if you have any symptom like mine (pain feet, lumbar, legs etc?)
    • Posted

Sirry the abovve meant for Yeltzer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.