New No Info

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello!!! - I picked up my prescription for Orlistat today and i am to start it on Friday.

I found this forum and i am soooo happy!!!! :lol: Thank you because reading all of your posts have made me feel so much more calm.

But i was just wondering if anyone could help me and answer some of my questions....

I go out at the weekend regularly drinking - I know now that i will have to calm this down. But will alcohol affect me? and make me go to the loo also? If so which kinds are the worst

Does anyone have any tips of particular food to stay away from? Very fatty foods, as i am still getting used to the labels and im doing my mums head in trying to pick things i think will be okay or not!!!???

I feel very worried but excited and ive now joined my Gym!!! Which people are saying makes you feel happier!!! Well i can hope!! :D

Thank you for all of your posts on here you really are all in spirations!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

imitededitioncharlotte hello and welcome, i wish you every success in ur weight loss.My advice would be to drink lots water and u have to watch the fats esp very fatty foods which is a no no for me everyone is different tho.As u progress with orlistat u learn more and more and there is always someone on here to support u.xx
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to the forum.

Fat has 9 calories per gram and alcohol has 7 calories per gram.

By taking the tablets and drinking it won't make you have orange oil all that will make you have that is by eating high fat, :lol: but by drinking too much alcohol it will be harder to loose weight, as it's a lot of calories to factor into you daily allowance - which should be about 1500 per day - you could always have less on a couple of days and store a few extra calories up for when you go out at the weekend - I believe it's best to stick to shorts with a diet mixer and not lager and stuff like that.

Try to stick to 30 grams of fat a day - that's approx 10gm per meal, the tablet's just make you absorb 30% less fat from what you eat so you have to have fat for the tablets to work.

I agree with Dawn on the water - I try for 2 litres a day and manage it most days - it rehydrates your skin and stops the headaches - which until you get used to the tabs could be quite bad - but everyone is different and you may jot get them smile .

It's a slow process (I've lost a stone in about 16 weeks with 3 weeks off in between for a holiday), but then it didn't take us 5 minutes to put it on so it's not going to come off that quickly.

Hope you get on okay with them. good luck

Jane

• Posted

Hey Charlotte

I have found drinking alchol doesnt effect the tablet, but it is just empty calories and you dont lose as much weight, Also alcohol makes you retain water, therefore you look more bloated etc

As for the gym, its making me loads happier, I havent lost weight for two weeks as i can tell im getting more muscly but i can now do twice the distance on the bike in the same amount of time, from when i first started

Set yourself little targets but most of all dont let weight run your life, still relax, enjoy yourself and be happy :lol:

• Posted

Hi all

May I just mention that alcohol slows down the metabolism too. :shock:

I learnt that watching that programme that used to be aired where celebrities spent so many weeks in a large house with a fitness tutor and dietician. Sorry, can't remember what is was called - can anyone else?

Well anyway, they said on that programme that the smallest amount of alcohol can slow down the metabolism in return slow down weight loss.

Hope you are all keeping well & strong, at the rate I am gaining weight, I'll soon be joining you all.

Take care

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Charlotte & welcome :lol:

Good luck on your journey, we are all here to help (if we can lol). If drinking alcohol, I would avoid the 'creamy' ones like Baileys and try and stick to spirits with diet juice less calories!

Kirsty :D

P.S My hubby is from Wolverhampton!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.