New on clitrparm

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi I started ciltrapram about a month ago i did 9 days on 10mg and now 2 and a half weeks on 20mg and I'm still struggling with so de effects of going hot, feeling sick, tired and my anxiety feels so much worse. Does anyone have any positive stories on this drug as I seem to mostly find negative stories I am on this drug for depression and anxiety and I just want to be better.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you need to give medication at least 8/10 weeks for the ssri to work in your system.,so until then ,you will feel some side effects
  • Posted

You do feel worse for a while but it does get better i promise u x stick with it and u will eventually get back to normal x Dont fight the side affects take slow deep breaths until they pass x u can also ask your doctor for propranol 10mg which helps with the side affects
  • Posted

it will get better just hang in there , coz u raised the dose is like starting all over agin,, it takes about 12 weeks to stable you , i m on week 10 just starting to get better mood is up and down!! is not fast fix ,,. best wishes get better soon!!! 
  • Posted

Lydia, 

Today is Day 43 for me. I’m on 10mg and starting to come back as myself. The first 4 weeks were not pretty. You are probably going through them more since you increased your meds. Michelle has great advice about breathing. This blog has truly helped me. So many people have guided me and are inspirational which helps tremendously. 

Good luck keeps us posted. 😎

• Posted

Hello Lydia, I’m nearly into my tenth week and my anxiety is still with me too, just lesser in intensity. It got worse and like Will said about himself it wasn’t pretty. It’s a damn struggle for all of us but there Will be a light ahead for you. Just stick with your dose and believe it will work for you. We are all doing this together.  In 7 days time I will be on a plane, am I anxious about it? No. Could I have done this 6 weeks ago, hell no!  So things will improve for you I promise... Manny x
  • Posted

Hi lydia .

Im just coming up to the end of my 4th week on 20mg of citalopram . But finding the side effects hard to . Hopefully i will see some improvement soon . I know how u feel . I read post on here every day and it scares me to seeing horror stories of them not working . But ive had some great advice off people on here and it seems everyone is here to support each other and help you through the tough times . WE CAN DO THIS !! ?👍👍👍

• Posted

Hello Lydia,

Citalopram does take time to work in the body and kicks in at a different time for every individual, in the mean time the side effects can really stink. Just try to focus on any positives or improvements you do see. I am almost on the exact same timeline as you and I know at first all I did was focus on all of the negative things I was feeling. It took the people around me pointing out the positive improvements I was making. Some days those improvements were as "small" as getting out of bed and just showering but slowly they have grown and even though I might feel totally like myself and might struggle from day to day I am seeing improvements in different ways each day.

• Posted

Lydia drop us all a generic reply so that we know you’re ok, ok? 🙂 B strong 💪

• Posted

Hi all thanks for all your replies but I'm really struggling today I'm so tired I've been in bed all day I'm so tired and full of anxiety i just can't get up. I really thought I would be better than this by now. The doctors have also given me some really strong anti sickness tablets and they are ones you take at night and make you sleep so don't think that has helped with the tiredness I just feel like I want to hide away. I can't be like this as I have two young children to look after I'm lucky my husband is here today so I can just give into it feel more down today than ever and having palpations which I have propranal for but haven't even took one today don't even feel like eating or drinking. Sorry for such a down post just thought I would be better than this after this long.

• Posted

In three months roughly you will feel better..if your really struggling ask your doctor for a short term benzo for your yucky moments...and if he prescribes benzo make sure is the lowest dose so it doesn't interfere with your children..take care

• Posted

Hi lydia i was exactly the same slept all the time but it does get better take the propronol 3 times a day it helps then as u feel better take less x you will get better i know it doesnt feel like it at the moment but u honestly will
  • Posted

Hello Lydia,

I am also having a rough day and have zero motivation for anything. I also have two younger daughter's 4 and 9 and understand the feelings that go along with not being yourself with them. Remember to keep your goals small, if you go into each day thinking you are going to be 100 percent recovered it makes it that much harder when you are not. I just forced myself to do some coloring with my youngest, even though all I wanted to do was lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. The coloring was something very relaxing and it gave me something to focus on other than how crappy I feel, plus it allowed me to spend a little time with my little Evelyn. Might not work for everyone but it has helped me some today

• Posted

Mathew and Christopher, I just want to add I Didnt care for the Ambien.  That’s why I switched to Xanax. 

😎

• Posted

Will,

Thanks for the reply and kindness. Did you have difficulty with sleep before starting citalopram? Before I used to sleep 8 hours without a problem, now I wake up in the middle of the night and can not get back to sleep. My Dr did give me something to help with sleep but only 5 pills and then told me that I need to naturally sleep again

• Posted

How cruel ..only five..that's torture lol.. Ambien helps you sleep..while the ziplocone keeps you asleep..two different things... benzos are for anxiety all though they do sedate you..I have always had insomnia celexa never fix that for me..so ziplocone is my friend..my insomnia started 4decades ago... unlucky me..

• Posted

Matthew, 

I never did until about 3 months before I started the citalopram “celexa” when the panic attacks started. But before that I could easily sleep 8 hours. Lol my dr said with age you need less sleep. He didn’t want to give me anything. I then told him it was affecting my job and I was feeling like a zombies 🧟??? 🧟???and it was stressing 😱me out. That’s when he gave them to me. I’d speak with him cause if your like me your going to stress out more about not sleeping. PS I always had xanax from my gp dr. The Ambien and citalopram was given to me from a neurologist. I do understand Dr’s have to be careful about dispensing meds especially here in the US. But I see it’s like that everywhere. I agree with Lois He really should have given you more than 5. 😬 keep us posted how you are. I’m going out for my daily walk🚶🏻???😎

• Posted

How are you today Will? I'm not doing to bad. I got a massage yesterday and had no idea how much tension I had built up in me. Then last night I slept almost 8 hours!! I know this doesn't mean I'm "healed" but it was as great relief. I'm also going to take your advice and start making time to go for a walk. Thanks again

• Posted

Hey Matthew, 

I’m so so today. My job 😬makes me focus so I get absorbed and don’t analyze my feelings. It’s a good think. It’s fabulous that you slept 💤💤💤8 hours. I’m jealous!! I’m sleeping about 6 hrs. I can use more. And Yes go for a walk!🚶🏻???🚶🏻???If you can go by yourself wear headphones 🎧and listen to your favorite music. Your daughters I’m sure they distract you which is a great thing. Keep me posted on how you are doing. I’m on Day 46 today at 10mg. Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.