New on Sertraline

Posted , 10 users are following.

Now on day 4 of Sertraline 50 mg.  I'm so scared and worried about the side effects, is it true you feel worse before you feel better.  I've had the anxiety and depression for around 2 months and I battled up until 4 days ago without medication because it scares me so much. Thought I could do it without meds but realised I cannot do it.  Just feel so awful right now, anxiety is through the roof and feel even more depressed. Can anyone help please?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am on sertraline at 150 mg.  I don't remember any problems at first with them but they did take a while to kick in. 

The only side effects I get now are a dry mouth and vivid quite nasty dreams sometimes.  This is a good trade off though as they help me a lot. 

• Posted

Yes unfortunately this is true you will feel crappy before you get better, but you CAN do it, quite simply also there is unfortunately no choice but to do it, if you want to get better, I had side effects for a good few weeks after I started taking it( increased anxiety, panic, nausea, sleeplessness) but they will pass

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.