New pain in hip

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a thr on my right side in October last year. i have been doing well really felt back to normal. Over the past week I have been suffering from really bad hip pain and over the past couple of days I am struggling to put weight on my right leg.

Has anyone else had this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been having similar symptoms. I had a Thr on the left side last March ,get to where i can't put any weight on it then it slowly gets better. haven't fallen or remembered anything to cause this. I just found out from a bone scan that there is some loosening around the stem going into lower leg , now facing a revision in three weeks . hopefully this will help me, hope you find answers to your pain.

• Posted

Thank you Richard for your reply.

Glad I'm not on my own with this problem.

I have an appointment tomorrow at the hospital.

Hope your revision goes well and you will be pain free soon.

• Posted

Hiya Richard...

Sounds very similar to the pains I'm getting at moment, had my TRHR last October, was going well into the new year then lots of lower back pain, also doesn't help that my left hip is bone on bone and needs a replacement this year. All the best for your revision in a couple of weeks, keep us in touch and fast forward to a pain free life yep...😊

Pete

• Posted

I am experiencing the same thing. my surgery was 4 years ago. I Had a difficult recovery with thigh pain for 18 months after the surgery. Finally the pain stopped. Two days ago i was walking and i had a striking knife sharp pain and my leg almost gave out. it keeps happening now and i have no idea why??

• Posted

not pain that severe, I have only experienced the tight feeling. you need to get in touch with your dr. I am sorry you are in pain.

• Posted

Hope your Drs appt reveals the issue for you. New hip month after you and fingers crossed recovery continues and back pain settles soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.