New question about headache

Posted , 4 users are following.

Now when I take the citalopram with the lorazapam I'm getting headaches. Can't tell if its from cit or lorax. The lorax makes me feel kind of weird now, just trying to figure out what's doing what? Is headache normal with cit or lorazapam? Getting real tired of all this. Please help, thank you

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Headaches are normal with cit.benzo don't cause headaches on the contrary benzo makes your nervous system relax.. sometimes if I have a headache I take a zanex..

• Posted

So its not the lorazapam making me feel weird? Its the citalopram? Haven't started going down yet, I start nxt wk. Trying to plan around things. Don't want the headaches to be from lorax. When I take my cit and lorax together in morn, I get a headache. Then, when I take my second lorax midday, I get another headache. Is it just the cit reacting to taking more lorazapam? I don't get a headache at night when I take my lorazapam to sleep. Trying to figure this out. Went on pyridium, which definitely doesn't agree with me. Went off yesterday morn. Took enablex for 5 days, didn't have any headaches from cit or lorax until I took other meds

Have been off enablex for 3 days. Do you think its just reactions with those other meds? Thinking of changing to diazapam instead. This is driving me nuts. Thank you for all your help. Hopefully going down on cit will clear all this Up.

• Posted

Could it be that enablex is still causing my headaches? Don't know how long it takes to get out of my system, or the pyridium. Didn't have any headaches until I took those drugs, not even from cit. On a positive note, the oxytrol patch is now working well to keep urinary problem under control, or so it seems. Time will tell when I start going down. Right now just using 8 hr tylenol to keep headache under control. Thanks sweetie

• Posted

Should I take lorazapam seperatly from citalopram?
    • Posted

What ever you do Nancy do not take other meds with cit and the same time wait a few hours the chemicals together at the same time could make you feel wierd...
    • Posted

I didn't get any headaches until I took that enablex and pyridium. Do you think that's what's still causing my headaches now?

• Posted

I've been taking them both together since I started. Should I take lorazapam first so I don't feel the anxiety from the cit? An hr apart okay?

• Posted

It well can be ..but also the cit..causes headaches the lorazepam does not cause headaches..alot of different meds in our systems can cause sketchyness with the cit..check for interaction even if they are moderate you should be vigilant about the side effects .when I was taking ziplocone I was getting severe joint pain and I was too quick to blame the cit .but all along it was the ziplocone...
    • Posted

The lorazepam and the cit together is ok to take and hour apart ..yes you could take the lorazepam first..and hour is ok ..
    • Posted

Thank you, just afraid its the lorazapam, don't see doc til the 11th. Will just have to wait and see what happens. I know there was a slight interaction with enablex and cit where it could raise the chance of the side effects being worse, something about intensifying them.

• Posted

Only been off the enablex for 3 days, I have no idea it can hang around affecting me. Will have to give it some more time
    • Posted

Them iam pretty sure is the eneblex.sometimes that happens ziplocone for me on it's own does not cause me joint pain .but when combine with the cit..the joint pain is horrible

• Posted

Nancy, 

I had headaches before I started cit and still had different headaches on cit. at top of head felt like a needle was going in. They have all dissipated after 5 1/2 months. I’m still routing and praying for you. I’m proud your really keeping positive. 

Will😎

• Posted

Now I believe the lorazapam is not functioning right with me. Starting to lower cit today, can't wait anymore. But when I take lorazapam, makes me feel weird, don't feel very good. Do you think its loraz, or just cit making me feel horrible? Can't see doc for 2 wks. Feel horrible. Going to stay positive though. Think I might try a liver cleanse too. I know these drugs are Hard on your liver

• Posted

More than likely is the cit..the cit has so many side effects that is so confusing to what is what plus it also interacts with so many meds that it will make you confused to what is doing what..if you think is the lorazepam stop taking it and see what happens..
    • Posted

You guys are going to think I'm nuts, having a hard time deciding what to do. Now that pyridium and enablex ate gone, I'm feeling better on both cit and lorazapam. Also, scared to go off meds, gonna continue a little longer with 10 mg. Using oxytrol patches and have faith the side effect Will stop. Faith in God, my doc saying it will. Gonna give my body some more time. Thanks guys for your support. I'll let you know how it goes

• Posted

I’m sure the side effects will stop. 

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Thank you for your prayers, I have a whole church full of people praying for me also. I am going to hold onto faith and be positive. The side effects really suck, but the patches should start to help. It takes them awhile. Don't fully work until 2 wks. Can't use any pills, they all make me feel sick. I just keep praying. Thanks

• Posted

Just to let you guys know, I have another reason to try to stick it out with 10mg. I have interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome

One of the treatments is being on an ssri. For some reason it keeps the IC in check. If you knew what IC was like, you would do anything to help keep it from coming back. I believe the urinary thing hit me because I was just getting over a bout of ic. I think that's why it's messing with me more. I'm just hoping as the cit gets in there, it will calm everything down. Having some anxiety today, lorazapam not taking care of all of it. Hanging in though. Just,a friendly note to my friends, just to let you know there's another facet to this whole thing. Love you guys

• Posted

Hey Nancy, 

I’m thinking and praying for you tonight!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Will😎

• Posted

Thank you for your unending support. It so nice to know there's someone out there who gets it. Thank you for your prayers!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.