new starter - advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am on my 2nd day of tablets and feeling positive so far (i think) :shock: I havent had any side effects yet, but will i have them after a few days of taking these tablets? Also when counting the fat content on back of foos packets, do you add in the saturated fat aswell? I have registered with MAP but do they send you stuff through the post?

sorry for the questions

I would just like to say that i find everyone on here so very helpful and reasuring that it gives me more confidence on these tablets, and its a great way of support as i found my doctor useless !!! just said take these 3 times a day with a meal - that was it. So if i had taken that advice i would be in the bathroom all day :o

So thankyou again, you seem to all have done so well - well done :D

Sorry for long text !

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi There!!

im on my 2nd months pack of orlistat now, and its going good.

When i look at the labels on food i generally look at how many grams of fat per 100g and i try to keep it under 6. then of course i look at the total grams of fat , not the saturated just the other fat content and make sure its not too high. If im getting a ready meal then i want it to be under 10 (so i can have a pudding!).

I take a pill with every meal, ive had some orange outbursts but never anywhere embaressing, only once have i farted and thought \"somethings not right in me knickys!\"

MAP are very good, they call you to give support and send a pack with a food diary and a measuring tape etc. ive been told they send other stuff too.

Im not binging on cakes like i used to but im definately not starving myself from it either and ive managed to lose nearly a stone.

are you getting any excersice too? ive started at the gym and i think thats really helping.

anyhoo.... good luck and we are all here to support you!

Pen x

• Posted

i still like a pint or 2 of beer, im eating a low fat diet - very LF but dont seem to lose even with the blueys, is the beer a problem - io thought it didnt have fat in it :?
  • Posted

thanks missp

its not very easy trying to figure it out smile still have not had any side effects which is good im guessing. Im eating for breakfast porridge with fruit, lunch is a tuna sandwich with salad in it(made by me, not bought) and dinner normally fish with stirfry so far. I dont know if this is enough?

Thats a good idea only having a 10g of fat meal then having a pudding smile

If im looking at eating 15g of fat in a meal though thats good right? but what if you go under that? its so confusing sad thats good what MAP do, its all really helpful to have this forum with all you guys and a support helpline x Im not really getting enough exercise i guess, i go dog walking and try to do workout dvd's as i cant really afford the gym as i am a student. But i admit i need to do more.

Well done on your weight loss thats really great, it must be so exciting smile

• Posted

hey size 66!

i think theres lots of sugar in beer and lager.... thats where you will be gaining from perhaps?

plus i think from what ive heard , on this orlistat program you need to take in a certain amount of fat to enable the pills to work properly... MAP would be able to tell you better on this.

hope that might help?

and hi again charlotte!

it sounds like youve got a good diet going on there. I can nevr eat 15 grams of fat in my breakfast. it just doesnt work for me, but eating something in the morning helps to kick start the metabolism!

When i went to the doctor originally about my weight i was given a free 3 month subscription to my local gym. mebbe it could be worth asking your doctor if they offer the same thing? :idea:

Pen x

• Posted

thankyou, i dont think im getting 15g in my breakfast, its too hard smile

I will definatly ask my doctor when i next go if thats possible for a subscription. It is just so expensive :shock:

Thankyou again for your help.

Now just thinking what to have for tea :lol: what i would like ios totally different from what i can have smile

• Posted

thanks miss p - i average about 35g of fat a day at a push, im big on steamed veg etc. maybe i should eat more, and if beer and lager is full of sugar that wont help. im on day 29 and dont really see or feel much different plus - no side effects at all other than being a bit windy :shock:
  • Posted

how is it been on day 29? does it get easier the more you are on the tablets? im finding them ok so far but its only my 4th day so im not very far in, but touch wood no side effects smile
  • Posted

Hiya Charlotte

I can't really give any advice than what has already been posted, but I too have difficulty having any fat in my diet for brekkie, so I just don't take a tablet in the mornings, most days I just take the 2 tablets but if I have a snack I have a tablet spare so I take one then.

Good luck!

• Posted

ah thankyou ... it is hard getting 15g in a brekkie. thats a good idea taking 2 tablets a day, coz im still taking one with brekkie will it effect me in any way taking a tablet with it when im not taking a 15g brekkie? :? im still getting used to these tablets its so confusing hehe you are very helpful so thankyou its a great forum its so supportive

happy new year !! :magic:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.