New stretching tip

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I needed 2 get my knee straight after tkr nearly there but had 2 get the wife 2 push down 🙈🙈

Plan b hang a barbell weight off it looped through a belt with your leg suspended between 2 stools works perfectly

And u can change the weights and do it on your own

Ps don't drop the weight on your toe 😂😂😂😂🙈🙈

Take care

Rob

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Whatever works for ya.......  I just use a rolled up towel under my ankle, which suspends the leg nicely, all night if need be while I'm sleeping

• Posted

Wow that sounds drastic, but I suppose so long as you take it slow and increase weight gradually and it doesn't kill you pain wise then it might be the way to go, you don't say how post op you are.

I hope it straightens for you

• Posted

Not so bad then, you will surely know if its not the right thing to do, your leg will fall off, only kidding, I have read online that its OK to do that but just take your time
  • Posted

My therapist gave me this tip. Just lay on your stomach on the bed with your legs and new knee hanging off the bed. Set your phone timer for 5 minutes. Do this every day or twice a day if you need more straightening. It works wonders and is SO easy to do. My leg straightened right out...
  • Posted

My leg hurts just hanging off towel. ย Should not stretch for more than 5 minutes at a time per my PT. ย 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.