New sufferer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help! At my wits end. Just been diagnosed after being in hospital. Just finishing a course of antibiotics. Eating bran, prunes, drinking loads and worried sick that my bowel will never work normally again. Too scared to leave the house for a walk if I need the loo. Also return to work as a rep so scared about being out on the road. At the moment I do t feel like I need the loo, will everything return to normal?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Leonie your going to be fine and your life is not over. Take psyllium husk and you want to get 2 doses per day once in morning and once at night. 2 teaspoons with 12 ounces of water. Stir fast and drink it down ASAP. If you let it sit for 30 seconds it turns into a thick pudding. That is secret to "pill" to get your life back to normal. Listen to Felinia cause she knows her tic and has very good advice. Read the other messages and you will be back to a normal life within days.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success.

• Posted

Hi

Thankyou for your advice and support, I'm a born worrier and start thinking the worst. Being a vegetarian I'm reading allsorts about stuff eg veg I should be avoiding. I'll go and get some fybogel and try that. One plus point should lose some weight now. Once again Thankyou I don't feel on my own now

• Posted

I'm a carnivore by nature and had cut back because of this disease. Yes always work on diet, stress, and exercise. Please understand you are not alone and your among friends who have suffered just like you.

Never quit and always fight the good fight. That's why you are here with us today discussing options to make you get healthy.

• Posted

Leonie It's called the North American diet because we humans consume way too much red meat and not enough fiber in our diets. It's really simple go to your local store and get psyllium husk. Several different brand names. These fiber supplements provide fiber related benefits to your digestive track. Your colon is the final piece of your small intestine, and psyllium asssits to keep food moving through the colon so you don't become constipated. Psyllium has a laxative effect on your digestive track and the fiber absorbs water which swells as it passes through the colon, bulking your stool and making it easier to have a bowel movement.

Note if the colon is clean you will not have an outbreak of diverticulitis and soluble fiber keeps your colon cleaned out and working properly.

Good luck and keep your head up. Diet, exercise, and stress must be in check for your body to work properly. This divertic disease is easily manageable and no one here in these threads needs to suffer from it.

• Posted

You said that perfectly!!!! Why don't the doctors tell us this? My doctor gave me such vague information and I basically had to go at this alone. Glad we all have each other

• Posted

Hollie in my opinion most medical professionals are pressured to push services and pharmaceutical industry medicine. With that said, I went through 2 professionals until I met my surgeon who told me to take psyllium product and he said see you in 30 years. He could of cut up my colon and made his money on me along with the big corporate hospital. He was the most honest and ethical doctor I have ever met in my lifetime.

Just like in life you must be your own advocate and by you being on this forum today is the right step towards accomplishing what we all set out to do. That is seek the truth and Iive pain free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.