new symptom ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I am currently on pregabalin 600mg twice a day and amytriptilin 50 mg a day. and they are helping with the pain a lot but I have noticed that I am stumbling over words and my mouth feels numb. Has anyone else had this with fibro or the meds. Take care and keep smiling 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

have u read  the info sheet on the   possiable side effects .

to rule out its not linked to the meds .your taking.

if its not them see your gp .

tina . in yorkshire.

• Posted

Hi sorelin,

I have noticed this symptom since my fibro started a few months ago. I feel my jaw is stiff and my mouth won't move exactly the way I want it to when I'm talking and my words often come out jumbled up. It's worse some days than others. I'm not on any meds so for me it must be the fibro. If your symptoms started just since starting the meds, it's also possible that they're responsible I'm sure.

You aren't alone!

• Posted

Hi Sorelin,

I used to be on Pregabalin, weaned myself off them after using them for two years. They were great for the pain for a while but my body must have got used to them. Side effects I had were ; feeling sick, dizzy, feeling as if I were drunk within two hours of taking them, sluring when talking, wrong words coming out, numb mouth as you say,very dry mouth. I asked doc to take me off them because of this and he said no..so I thought sod it, and weaned myself off slowly. Hope alls well as can be for you...Regards Anne...

• Posted

thanks Anne ..really helps to know that other people have same symptoms too. I thought...oh my god, here we go..multiple sclerosis next !!!or worse brain tumour. I laughed at myself when I got your reply for being so daft. Hope you manage to get it under control the way you want to do it. Good luck.

Take care

Lin

• Posted

Hi Sorelin, you need to have a read of the leaflet that came with your Pregabalin. I'm on 300mg twice a day, my doctor upped it to three times a day recently but the pharmacist wouldn't dispense it (I work in the pharmacy) when we looked in the BNF it said the highest recommended dose is 600mg over two doses so the dose you are on is really really high. Maybe you should get this checked as this would definitely cause all the symptoms you are experiencing. Hope this helps xxx
  • Posted

Wow no wonder your stumbling over words & have a numb mouth on such a high dosage of Pregab! I take 50mg at night & 25/50mg during the day of Pregab & sometimes that makes me feel not quite right! I also have to take co-codamol as & when. I find that light exercise really helps, like yogalates, swimming, an exercise bike or a short walk. I've also just invested in a super infrared radiator lamp which is really helping on the problem areas. I've had it for 10 yrs now, wish I could say it was easing, but after being struck down with Costochondritis in Jan this year ha thats just another thing to tick off the list!!!! Heyhoe, gotta keep smiling & telling ourselves, there are plenty of others worse off than us. Take Care smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.