New Symptom of reflux?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I've had reflux for over a year now after ENT camera nearly broke my nose (but that's another story!).

I've been managing with Gaviscon quite nicely, but recently I've encountered a couple of new things that have not happened before.

I felt bloated for at least two weeks, which was unusual - not particularly painful but noticeable. Also I got this weird sensation. I wouldn't say that it was making me breathless, but it felt like something was wrapped around my windpipe and pulling it inwards. I wasn't totally breathless because I was able to continue using my exercise bike without much issue.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

How can you say Gavison is nice? lol I think it's a vile taste, but everyone to their own. 

Perhaps, you need something better than Gavison, and considering you feel bloated and breathless at times, I would make an appointment to see what your breathing is like, e.g. chest clear, your flow rate, etc.

It maybe nothing but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Wuz up dog, bloating could due to something you ate. I eat alot of the same foods and if I introduce something new bloating has occured. Tightness I have not experienced this personally.
  • Posted

I to have had that feeling like something or someone was pulling my ribs in , but I was breathing okay. I have changed from diary milk to soya and that's helped my reflux loads. ( pointless information lol ) 
  • Posted

Hi, gastric reflux and IBS sometimes go together (I have both), My GP prescribes various PPI's which are ****** useless and I use Gaviscon a lot. Also take Ginger tabs from Holland & Barrett, as it aids digestion and drink Almond milkand have it on whatever cereal I have. I like it better than cows milk and it is high in Vit.D (strengthens bones and lack of sunshine) and is very low in fat. Also you could try DGL chewable liquorice tabs (on line or again H & B) along with Aloe Vera Gel or Juice. All helpful. My reflux is extremely painful, so I try all the things recommended on this site. Maybe see your GP for further advice, it also leaves me breathless, possibly bloat pushing up your diaphram and therefore restricting your lungs, so take care and take some action before things get out of hand. Do not think you are thinking about it too much. Take care, Val.
  • Posted

I'd like to point out that food intolerances can cause acid reflux. Gluten is the worst offender so even if you're taking medication, you will still have problems if the problem is caused by a food you're unkowingly intolerant to, but still eating.
    • Posted

This is quite true. That is one of the reasons I tried Almond milk as it is Lactose free. Also can't tolerate acidic fruits. Good advice rose, regards, Val.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.