New Symptoms!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've suffered IBS for a long time now! This week I've had a flare up of C and haven't been going properly!

Since this has happened I've noticed I'm now getting pain and sort of an indigestion pain in my chest and in between by ribs! Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like acid reflux which is common with IBS.  I take over the counter antacids and milk and it helps.  I also have IBS C.
    • Posted

I take omeprazole for heartburn... I don't know if this would help! I've just never experienced this before! It's very uncomfortable!!!

• Posted

Omeprazole helps block acid so it should help. I took this medication years ago and it worked for me. I have had hearburn for a long time even before getting IBS and I have had pain down my ribcage due to indigestion.  It can be very uncomfortable but it can be controlled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.