new symptoms of a panic attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all i had a bad night last night after a few good weeks it started with tingling in my fingers and travelled down my leg and up my arm all my left side went numb i started to breath heavy is this another symptom of panic attack ive never had this before. im not to bad this morning still have a pain in my left arm  and a bit lightheaded has anyone had these symptons thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would suggest a visit to your doc. Would be the best bet!,,,biggrin
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Roberta is right. Consider that when you are panicking, you tend to hyperventilate and breathe short shallow breaths and this causes light headedness and tingling and numbness in the body...and more panic. When you feel anxiety and you are starting to panic, breathe more slowly in and out. Here is a demonstration: http://www.anxietycoach.com/breathingexercise.html

When you have control, you will feel better.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, 

I have these symptoms during panic attacks, especially when hyperventilating (breathing heavy), but if this is something completely new to you, perhaps have a chat with your GP? Hyperventilation increases the oxygen and leads to lower levels of CO2 in the body, which generally makes people feel tingly/have pins and needles and feel light headed. Slowing your breathing down with slow deep breaths will help (although I know it's easier said than done when feeling panicky!).

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thanks everyone for your feed back my doctor also gave me bisoprolol he said they would relax me even tho i dont get the racing heart during attack i get the numbness and tingling heavy breathing and fear of dread has anyone tryed these for there attacks
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up