New symptons, sure they are still gerd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi had got my gerd well under control after trying to reduce esomeprazole, but last week or so have noticed niggly pain in right side under breast area and now a sharp pain between shoulder blades which moves left and right, it is nor always there, but comes and goes, I sometimes want to burp, I think it may be gall bladder problems, but wonder if anyone with gerd had this. As usual I am panicking that it is cancer related.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have the pain only in my back, between my shoulder blades and the centre of my back, the GP said that gerd affects sometimes the back and not the front or sometimes both, dont worry too much about it, gall bladder usually the right said isn't it?
  • Posted

Thank you Kevin, these back pains are horrible, as you say it can be both mine were only at front before and now swapped to back, will up my esomeprazole for a few days.
  • Posted

I was told the niggly pain under my ribs on the right was my gall bladder - but if you are concerned it's best to see your gp. All the best Jo
  • Posted

Hi, I've been having similar symptoms after I reduced my PPI dosage as well...all thanks to GERD lol!

am thinking to up my dosage as well for a few days.

had my gallbladder checked, all ok.

• Posted

Hi thanks for all the replies, I am upping my dosage again and have ordered some of those DGL licorice tablets as everyone seems to rave about those. I have monitored it over the weekend and it seems worse after eating cheese, bread, gummy sweets or when I take tablets, it comes on straight away then so I am starting on a bland diet this week so had porridge for breakfast, trouble it I am falling to bits and have diverticula disease as well which rules our lots of veg, fruit etc. really stuck on what to eat and GP's not much help as give different advice. IF no improvement this week will see GP. Glad gall bladded ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.