New to all of this

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was prescribed 10mg of Fluoxetine for anixety. I am going to start taking it tomorrow and not sure if I want to. The side affects that some ppl talk about scares me. Will I gradually get them or do they come on when you first take it? How long will it take to make me not so panicked? I have been on zanix as needed. But now have blood pressure issues.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Laura, I'm quite newish to this med as well, tablet number 15 today (20mg 1xday), so far today my anxiety is swinging from the chandeliers and screaming from the rooftops! But that's today (so far) Saturday and Sunday were good days!, what I'm saying is, and I've been told this several times including by katecogs who knows her stuff, recovery is very up and down, 3 steps forward 2 steps back they say, so be prepared. My side effects also seemed to start after week 1 included increased anxiety, and a touch of nausea, so I've been relatively lucky, before fluoxetine I was on chlomipramine in January, my vision became awful and muscles in my face were literally bouncing, it was bloody awful, and I was on a tenth of the highest possible dose, a tiny amount...... all medication effects people in different ways! All the best Luke

• Posted

Thanks Luke, I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully no bad side effects. Hope all goes well with you.

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Curious to know how you are feeling now? I

Am on 7.5 weeks had some good days last two days have been low.. It's still so up and down. Hope you're better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.