New to Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about a week ago I started feeling like I wasn't inside of my own body, I recently moved from Atlanta, ga to Seattle Washington, I've been depressed and feeling sad for oh so long, but one day I was sitting her in Seattle eating and I got the urge to get up, didn't know why, so for a couple of days I waited to see the doctor, I've been prescribed medication and I'm flying back home to Atlanta tomorrow, where I'm going to continue seeing a doctor, I'm 20 years old and I'm scared and lonely, help.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

sounds like it's all getting too much, and you are suffering anxiety attacks, you have done the right thing by going to see a Dr, make sure that you receive good therapy too, along side the medication that's very important.

it's time to think of you and you only! start eating well and getting a good routine waking up at same time each day , getting at least 8 hours of sleep , start yoga and maybe meditation, treat your self to relaxing baths and exercise often as possible , stay clear of negative people that's also important. do things that you enjoy, and don't worry about cleaning or work too much right now. I've been through this and still going through it.

you WILL be OK I promise God willing.

Hopefully you belive in God, and if so start talking to him and ask for guidance . of you don't then maybe start researching what life is an out and connect to your spirituality.

let me know how you get on, sending you big hugs from accross the ocean in the UK. xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your time, I'm definitely going to go see a doctor and exercise and all of that good stuff, its great to see someone who knows exactly how I'm feeling, it's not a easy thing to describe!
    • Posted

your welcome, don't forget to come back on here and let me know how you are doing, if it happens again yiu need to think it's just anxiety, take long slow deep breaths in through ur nose and out slowly from you're mouth, making sure to fill your tummy with air and not your chest.

• Posted

Will do and I have a flight tomorrow that I'm going to nervous on, I'll try my best with your techniques!
    • Posted

Hey it's been 6 months, crazy right! I've been doing great, no medications at all! I've been lightheaded from time to time but I've gotten way better!

• Posted

Thats the best news, im soo glad for you.

how did you do it?

and its great that you have come back and told us. xxx

• Posted

I've been living, doing more, having more fun, hanging with my girlfriend, I've someone been able to manage it on my own, I'm living a better life with no worries, so I'd assume that's why I've been doing great!

• Posted

well there is adjustment disorder a form of anxiety.  We get nervous and anxious when dealing with big changes in life, etc.  You move is a big change.  Ever consider counseling?  I recommend it.
    • Posted

Counseling you say? Im moving back to my city tomorrow, do you think going back and being in my normal environment will help? I'm definitely going to see doctors once im back!
  • Posted

I am not a doctor nor a counselor.  But you can give sometime when you move back home to see how things go.  If you feel that you are not feeling better, I would certainly talk to a counselor. 
    • Posted

I'd give it 2 days, if nothing changes, I'm gonna go see a doctor for sure!! Thanks so much for talking to me, I appreciate it a lot!
  • Posted

Hi! I definitely know how you feel! My first days with anxiety was the worst! I couldn't pinpoint what was actually going on with me I thought I was just plain going crazy. It does get overwhelming at first but you will be alright (: the sensation you're having when you feel not in your body is called depersonalization, it's really common when your body has been going through a lot of stress, I cannot promise you it will go away right away, it depends on how you react with it but it will definitely lower down once you're able to manage and cope with your anxiety (: DON'T OVERTHINK, that's one of my biggest mistakes, I overanalyze all the time and obsessively googling, trust me it will not do you any good. Just hang in there and go with the flow! Don't fight the thoughts and they will go away once your body takes care of itself. Message me if there's any questions. Best of wishes to you bud

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.