New to Anxiety but not sure if it is just that

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. But sometimes I just don't know if its really that and if so, why can't I just stop it? Mine starts out as being literally shaky. And then I start to feel dizzy and kinda out of my mind. Like I feel spacy. My mind becomes numb and I don't know what to do. It scares the life out of me. No one I know is going thru this so I can't figure it out. I just want to know how to stop it. How to feel better. When I start to feel shaky, It makes my palms sweat and my heart race. But I try to ward off the symptoms because I don't want to go full out crazy like a did a year ago. Does anyone else get this way? If so what do you do?

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you are in danger when your not.

There are 100's of anxiety symptoms

Try some therapy to help you learn how to cope,it is usually something tragic in your life that sets it off like a death in the family or a relationship break up

Stay Strongcool

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea thanks. I did try the therapy and It wasn't as helpful as I had hoped. I try breathing. I just keep telling it to back off but it has a mind of its own I suppose. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You have to try and retrain your brain that your not in danger that is the whole point of therapy.

It wont happen onernight you have to practice what the therapist is telling you.

If CBT has not worked try a more robust form of therapycool

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will look into CBT. Its just everyone says that stress triggers this, but I'm not stressed. I am pretty happy with most of my life at this point. I have a job that I've been in for 9 years and there isn't alot of stress with it. My family is doing ok. I had a great Mothers day yesterday. So why would I be having anxiety. That is what I don't get. My therapist says I had a lot of stress two years ago, but that is in the past and its all been worked out. So just makes me scared even more not knowing then why on earth I would get like this occasionally. Nothing brings it on, it just hits me like a ton of bricks out of the blue. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea i get you im dealing with the same stuff you just have to destruct yourself the best way you can but anxiety does have a mind of its own and sometimes its hard to deal with
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its especially hard when people around me don't understand. Its like they think you can just stop it. But you can't. I want to, I try to. Even though I may be able to lesson some of the symptoms, I can never stop them from actually happening in the first place. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes i have the same thing too its scary
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up