New to blepharitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all!

I am 21 years old and was told I have blepharitis about a month and a half ago. The doctor told me to use the baby shampoo method. This helped a little but I am still frustrated. I have just stumbled upon posts about lynda79s wet ones method. I am sorry if this has been asked many times on here but I am new to blepharitis and this forum. Can someone explain the method and success stories. Do I rinse after the wet ones? Do I still use baby shampoo while using wet ones? Other tips and tricks on managing blepharitis are greatly appreciated, this blepharitis has taken over my mind. Thank you.

P.s. I have not worn my contacts since the irritation started months ago. Has anyone been successful going back to wearing? I was planning on getting lasik before this happened, is that still a possibility? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if ladik is still possible. I had had cataract surgery just two months before developing bleph myself and was tempted to blame the surgery for the condition. The truth is no ine knows what causes it. Its bacterial and it often involves your gut flora and the imbalance that may occur there.

No, dont wadh off the Wt Ones after gently wiping back and forth across both closed eyes...separate pieces of Wet Ones

Add a drop or two of tea tree oil to the baby shampoo ritual a m and p m, eithout fail even when you're better. It keeps you there.

First thing in the morning drink six to right ounces of warm water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar...helps to right your gut flora. You getused to it quickly. Use only preservative free wetting eye drops. DON'T EVER RUB. If you have itching and/or burning take an allergy tablet. DONT LET OTHERS USE TIYR FACE TOWEL OR PILLOW. DESPITE THE HYPE IT I CAN VEBE CONTAGIOUS and you wouldnt want anyone to catch it from you. Flush your eyes during the day with warmish water. It makes them feel better and is the best unfussy treatment to stay on top of the constantly growing bacteria.

Once you get a handle on this and want to wear makeup again, buy disposable applicators for shadow and madcara. Do not use liner or pencil on your lower lids ever again. They will be contaminated immediately. All eye makeup you now may own must be thrown away. Its contaminated for sure. When you're having a flare up use vaseline gently pat under eyes to relieve dryness there from washing and wet ones, which happens. The Wet Ones routine is a good one to deal with it and maintain good results. Some people only use them a m and p m once they have maintaince in hand. Only the red package, as I'm sure you've been advised.

It may seem cumbersome to do all of this at firsy and some opthos say doing too much is as bad as doing nothing, but having done it all for two years now the following is now my daily routine.

A m - wash face with mild cleanser including eyelid area. Rinse well.

Tea tree oil two or three drops, dab of baby shampoo. Rub across lids with tightly closed eyes, count to thirty to allow it to kill bacteria. Rinse well.

Goabout my day. Don't ever touch your eyes when your outof foors. If youmust for dome readon carry tissues, use only once. Carry preservative free eye drops for dryeyes. Yo don't need prescription dry eye drops. Midday flush eyes with warm water. Use Wet Ones mid afternoon. Wash your face as soon as you get home always. Use Wet Ones soon thereafter. No need to wash off Wet Ones. This allows the magic ingredient to do its work.

Wash with tea tree oil before bedtime.

Always dab eyes dry with clean soft paper towel separate pieces for each eye. Or don't dry them at all.

This doesn't have to change your life, just your hygiene routines.

Good luck.

• Posted

I use the Wet Wipes, but do not rinse. I use 1/8th of a wipe each time. When lids are enflamed, I use 3-4 times a day. It may sting the first time or two, but for me it quickly became soothing. I quit using the baby shampoo because it was so drying and didn't seem to help. Good luck. I hope this will help.

• Posted

I have been washing my eyelid with baby shampoo for like 3 years.

During these years, the frequency of blephritis reduced much. Only about once a year.

Now..my eyelid is under my control.

I use baby shampoo twice a day everyday.

I can now even use mascara and eye shadow anytime i want.

Baby shampoo helps me a lot.

But one more important thing is ....i always remind myself not to touch my eyes with unclean hands. I only use clean facial tissue whenever I wanna touch them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.