new to citalopram 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all im new on this tablet iv taken 4 so far for my anxiety which has totally taken over m life iv suffered for about 2 years now and decided to take action so im trying this iv had some very scary side affects which have actually bought on a cpl of panic attacks (typical) iv been really sweaty and nervous and cant keep still i read that everyone feels lots better after a few weeks but time doesnt go that quick does it, i really hope it works cuz everyone i know are suffering with me so it adds more pressure i suppose iv also started to read bible scriptures as i sort of have fear of death in a way and this is helping me so i would recommend even if ur not religous u got nothin to lose as no one else can hear your thoughts so try it hope whoever else is suffering gets better real soon il keep in touch with my progress x god bless u all x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

How are you doing now?

I have been on Citalopram now for 1 week - second week starts today.

I have been very tired yawing a lot, loss of appetite and dry mouth. I guess so far I am lucky with the side effects.

I have been anxious, stressed, paranoid, lost all interest in things, shouting like a bansee, not liking people standing close to me all that sort of thing. I have no idea why it started.

I am on 10mg to start and have to see the doctor in 1 month. It is too early to see any improvement I guess and I feel really stressed today.

Hope your feeling ok this week - let me know how your getting on we can support each other God bless you too xxxx

• Posted

Just started today. Took one 20mg. Took a quick nap and woke up feeling [b:cdbaa33bea]very [/b:cdbaa33bea]buzzy. A slight sweat too, but the buzzyness wasn't expected at all, it feels like I've taken ectasy but not in a good way.

It's been 4 hours and still feeling a bit sick. Gonna give my doctor a ring but I think I may drop myself down to 10mgto start off with. Not sure if I can go to work feeling like this.

How are you guys after a couple of weeks/days?

• Posted

Hi Jimmy

I am feeling very down this week - I am at the end of my second week now and finding that 10mg is having no effect at all. I know that the tablets take a month to 8 weeks to work so I am going back to the doctor at the end of my first month and see what she says. I will continue hopefully finding myself more normal as the weeks go on.

On my first day of taking the tablets I took one late in the evening and the next day before I went to work. I was spaced out and now take them at 4pm every day leaving 24hrs in between. I have a responsible job and need to be alert all day.

Hope you can get yourself sorted Jimmy and yes try 10mg to start you off it may not make you feel so sick and spaced out.

Pacey I hope you doing ok let us know how your doing.

• Posted

I've hit upon the idea of taking two 5mg doses. This seems to have less of a major effect and the buzzyness doesn't last for as long....but I'm definitly clenching my jaw like a drugy.
  • Posted

Day 19 for me and I can now say that I see a light at the end of the tunnell. The tablets are starting to work and I have not cried this week nor had a Panic Attack just a little anxiety which I dealt with. I think I am turning a corner and on the road to normality. Hope your doing ok Jimmy.
  • Posted

Have now been on 20mg for 5 weeks and have gradually started to feel better. The first week i felt a bit spaced out but i am sleeping better now and have returned to work.

Going back was weird as i don't think people knew how to react to my going off suddenly and then returning as \"someone who had been off with stress/exhaustion\".

I have decided that i may change career as i have not been totally happy for years.

on an upside i am not grumpy to my family when i get home anymore and things are hopefully looking up.

• Posted

Hi

I am in week 5 now and having good and bad days. I still find it difficult to see people and only wish to speak to my Hubby, and my Mum & Dad. I seem to get relly anxious around anyone else and in-laws are driving me crazy. They dont understand and just think I am a spoilt brat.

I dont answer the phone at home - I have my parents text me first to say that they are ringing.

I am finding work ok as long as I am left alone and I have my own office so that is good.

I thought these tablets would be a miracle cure but I will keep taking them as I hope to start having more good days soon.

• Posted

Hi im just writing to say hang in there. Im 27 and experienced my first panic attack 9 weeks ago and have had pretty much constant anxiety since. I did not sleep for 2 weeks and after 3 finally went on cilatopram. After 5 weeks at 10 mg I had improved only slightly and I found I was now depressed as I was more or less house bound after only stepping out for work.

I again went to he doctor and she upped me to 20mg, after only 2 days I finally started to feel myself again, I even went the match on Saturday and stayed out afterwards (altough I didnt drink this was a big achievement in my eyes). Its now 5 days on 20mg and I can truly say im on the mend.

I am only writing this to offer hope to someone as one month ago I thought I had none and these pages helped me. U will get better, you may not believe me but it is true

• Posted

Hi ,

I am now on day 1 of 20mg having been on 10mg for 28 days and back to the doc last night , the 10mg did absolutely nothing for me and no side effects at all , so see how it goes .

• Posted

Hi everyone,

This is my second day. I took my first tablet last night at 9pm. I've been yawning my head off all day. After reading other posts I'm going to try taking my second tablet at around 4pm so I'm not feeling as tired tomorrow. I'm on 10mg by the way.

My story: After having my baby daughter 21 months ago, my partner lost his job. I had to go back to work early and instead of going back part time like we'd planned I had to go full time instead. When I went back I had the threat of redundancy for 3 months as my company went through a restructure. We also moved house during that time too. I think I've had depression for a long time but didn't really notice it as its crept up on me and I kept thinking it was just the stress of working full time and trying to look after my family and that most people felt like that.

It all came to a head last weekend when my other half said he didn't love me anymore because I'm not the person I used to be. He said I've changed. I know I have cos I feel there's nothing to look forward to anymore. I also thought I was hiding it quite well too and sooner or later things would improve and I would get back to normal.

I'm hoping taking these tablets will make me happy and chirpy again and I'll be able to take everything in my stride and not feel annoyed and irritable all the time. My partner is sticking by me but I feel I've only got a short period of time to be back to my normal self. I don't know how much more he'll put up with.

Can anyone tell me how quickly they felt an improvement? I don't think I can cope with feeling worse before I feel better. I do feel positive tho that I'm doing the right thing. I just hope its not too late.

• Posted

God I'm really not sure I should say this really not, but, please don't just change for someone else, change 4 u. I sorry really sorry but your partner sounds very selfish, to say he does not love u now but will maybe if u ' cheer up'!!

U need someone who loves u through good and bad, other wise u will allways always have a cloud of doubt over u.

The other thing is maybe your partner needs a bit of ' help' to, it's not easy living with people like 'us' I guess.

Also, we get older things change, prioratys change,

I've probaly said to much but it made me angery your post, no one should do/say that to someone suffering from deppresion/stress, these are not miricle pills, u STILL need support.

Though to sort of answer your question I think it's different for all. After3 weeks I am less stressed, but not totaly, and deppression is up and down

anyway all the best to u and I hope it works out for u.

there Many people here to talk to now and then!

Take care

• Posted

Hi

Well I am into my 3rd month now and I have been on 20mg from last week as the Doctor upped the dose from 10mg. I am feeling better and have felt more myself. The yawning seems to come every afternoon though and getting up in the morning is a nightmare as I am so drowsey and sleepy. I still do not want to deal with stressful situations and I avoid anything that I know will get me worked up. Work has been understanding which is good and as I am here 40+ hrs a week I need their support.

The Doctor has also put me on mediaction for Migraine's too which is good as I was getting terrible headaches lasting for 3 days or more. I have been having them for years and at last I have seen a new Doctor that listens to me understands and does something.

Hope you all start to feel better soon :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.