New to me symptom

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been experiencing like hot feeling either on my back my arms it's not like a hot flush it's like someone just laid a very hot towel on my skin it happens on different parts of my body was just curious as to anyone else have this it's like what next I've been doing so well with no hot flushes no anxiety just moving along until now another description is like someone laid a hot heating pad on my back or my arm bellie it's awful please enlighten me ladies

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Monique, what you are experiening are hot flushes. Not every one gets them in the head only or is generalized. Dont panic, it is something new and it is normal. However, if you are getting worry you should consult with your physician. Also, there is a lot of holistic therapies out there that doesnt required hormone therapy. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Monique I get that too but I thought it was just me in a warm room lol! I get it on top of my legs and back. When Im laying down and that happens I feel the couch and pillow and its warm lol! Im glad that you have been doing well. Keep going smile

• Posted

Hi Monique, my flashes work from my arms up to the top of my head. I also get cold flashes. I have it bad. If you look on this site you will find that 66 symptoms of perimenopause. I have had 46 of them. It wouldn't be so bad if I would've know a year ago. Like lapixie said if you have concerns called your Dr. I'm going to an ob Drin a few weeks that specialize in menopause I will keep you posted. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Monique, sorry but this is the beginning stage of getting hot flashes further down the road. This is how mine started. I would place a cold ice pack on my head, or where ever the heat flash would be. It helps to have an ice pack handy.
    • Posted

I have had them not real bad but yes I've gotten them I just never felt that burning in my back arms etc it scared the living crap out of me like I was on fire I also have had a bad cough for about a week maybe this could have something to do with it I don't know the cough waa getting worse at night but now it's going away grrrrrrrrrr no more new symptoms please I am getting to the point I yell now lol saying goooooo away menopause and stay away

• Posted

Easier said than done, hon, lol. A cold has nothing to do with your hormones acting up. You may want to consider seeing your doctor sometime in the future about going on something if the symptoms get worse.
    • Posted

Girl and I googled symptoms Lord Jesus never again scared the living crap out of me I will never go on Google again
  • Posted

Keeping Ice packs handy is an excellent idea!. I created my own in a form of a headband so I can move around.
  • Posted

Thanks! you can see it on my site if you want. Just let me know!
  • Posted

Hi Monique I get hot touch on my leg sometimes I'm not sure if that is the same.but just another part of the body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.