New to Mirt, so many questions :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Only started taking this Mirt drug a few days ago...doc perscribed 15mg, melt in your mouth. well the first night i took 2, as one didnt do the trick. 2nd night i took 3 bcuz after 2 i wasnt sleepy enough to sleep. last night i took 3 and just willed myself to sleep, but i was awake 4 or 5 times thru the night last night..! WTF!?  its supposed to treat insomnia and my anxiety and depression , but if i can friggin sleep then its doing what its supposed to do..my question is this, if doc gave me 15mg per night and im already needing 3 to go to sleep is that ok that i take the 3 or will something serious happen to me?... I just wanna say the hell with it and go buy Sleep MD so i know i will friggin sleep. I really NEED some answers , anything will help me at this point. im going to go ahead and take 3 tonight anyways, but i dont want to basically up my dose without my doctor lol if ya know what i mean.

sad

Sleepless sheep

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just wanted to mention that taking 3 was a really bad idea. You could make yourself sick. Mirt actually works in reverse. The lowest dose is the most sedating. So 7.5 would be most sedating, but 15 is usually the starting dose and it's also sedating, and used for insomnia. ( but I would give it a week to work) also the higher doses from what I understand are geared more for depression than insomnia.

you can't just take mirt willy nilly. It's a strong drug, so be careful and follow the directions. If you can't sleep, call the GP. But some people report it takes a week or more to kick in although mirt usually is the fastest AD to kick in, when taken at the right dose. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.