New to mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I've been on mirtazapine 15mg for 6days now as I was suffering from anxiety and couldn't sleep on a night, they are really good for giving me a good night's sleep but when I get up the next day am irritated, I feel angry, agitated, and feel on edge am not feeling it all day just sum times during the day am just wondering if anybody else feels the same as I was on citalopram 40mg and the my doctor did say I've got to give the tablets chance to work in my system for a couple of weeks I just want to feel myself again can somebody help me please..

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been on mirtazapine 15 mg for just over two week I wake up with the shakes and tremors and a big dizzy it last till dinner time but still get panic attack though the day
  • Posted

Just a thought ... did you do a slow taper from Citalopram, its just that if you swapped straight over from the CIT to the MIRT, it could be discontinuation syndrome.  

However, I have rrad that Mirt can make some people angry and irritated - I think you really have to watch your diet with this problem you mention, sometimes I think sugar & carbs have a bad effect and can cause sugar rushes, making you feel anger at the same time.

• Posted

Hi yes I had to stop citalopram and start on mirtazapine the doctor did say I would have sum withdrawal symptoms from citalopram do you think that is what it is I've been on citalopram 10years xx

• Posted

Thats the thing with crossing over AD's without a taper, its hard to know if its discontinuation (from Cit) or start up from the new AD (Mirt).  But in  my humble opinion I would say its probably the Cit.

Funnily enough, I was taking Cit before Mirt, in fact my doctor said to take bothh of them so I ran with both for about 3 months, I think its ok to do this, but if your symptoms get any worse it might be worth having a chat with him/her about doing the same, and then tapering the Cit over say 2 months.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi thankyou am due to see the doctor so I'll mention this to him about citalopram and see what he says about it xx

• Posted

HI KELLY71744,,,,6 days on mirt is not long enouth to get in your system ,,you may feel a little better after 2 weeks but it will take longer to realy help ,,you will get side efects,[most people do] you just have to persivere and beleive in yourself ,,you also have to find the right level of mirt,mg that suits you best ,,but do not rush things,,stay on patient and you will learn a lot ,,good luck,,BLUESY
    • Posted

Aww thankyou my doctor did say to give them about 2weeks to work in my system I was getting worried as am new to these tablets xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.