New to mirtazapine

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have just been prescribed 30mg today. I'm a bit scared to start taking them as I am now a single parent to an 8 month old. What s everyone experiences and did you start to feed better? I'm not worried about the weight increase, I have plummeted in weight to extremely low levels (4 stone lighter than pre pregnancy and then I was ideal size). Thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

About to start my first tablet .....eek! After reading almost everything on this topic I don't know what to think. GGuess I will have to play it by ear ...could it be much worse than the alternative....I have got to do something to counteract the sad anxious ridden repression!
  • Posted

Hello, I was glad to find this thread. I hope everyone is doing well. I am two weeks in on 7.5 mg and things are starting to even out. I no longer want to eat constantly, my stomach has settled down (first week was bad) and I am not a zombie. The first night I took 15 mg and I was comatose -- it is an incredibly powerful sedative and only lots of caffeine would bring me back to life. 7.5 continued to knock me out for way too long (10 or 11 hours), but now things are getting more normal on 7.5. Previously I was on a combination of Zoloft and Trazadone (25 mg each) but really just wanted to get on one low dose of something else, as the Trazadone at 25 mg wasn't really working for sleep any more, but I didn't want to up the dose. So far, I am a fan of Mirtazapine/Remeron. Cheers!
    • Posted

hi all. Soon will be about my 6th day to be on 7.5mg on mirtazapine. I feel like i could just lie in bed all day. No energy at all. It has helped with anxiety. The sleep has been better but at times feels like im half awake sleeping. Did you feel it took you 2 weeks to come out of the zombie state?
    • Posted

Hi chris how are u getting on with mirtazapine now? I'm 3 days in and so tired during the day. I have a 6 month old baby to see to through the night also.

It has curbed the anxiety and depression side of things which is good but this zombified feeling in the day is hard work. Really hope it settles soon.

• Posted

Hi rhian007

I started on 15mg for 7 days then up to 30mg after that. The first 7 days i slept alot(hadn't been sleeping at all for a couple of months) due to the anxiety. But felt refreshed once up and about. The 30mg was diff - sleep pattern was difficult in the beginning buts its eased now. That was about 4-5 weeks ago. Now on 45mg and thats been great so far. Sleep is better and anxiety is more manageable. More good days and only down times (not full days like before). Maybe check with GP. As they say the drowsiness recedes the higher the dose.

• Posted

I take 15mg of Mirtazapine in the morning and 30mg at night. My phsy thinks that it should make me too tired but my nervous energy takes care of that. Everyone is different so just see how it goes. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.