New to Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my 1st marriage broke up...I had lost 4 stones in 6 months through the stress. After some time I met and married a second time and settled down. The weight piled on again and I have crept up and up due to contentment I suppose. Have tried them all, Weight Watchers, Slimming World and somehow, after awhile, I start to struggle. After a visit to my GP with acute depression due to my weight problem...she has given me ORLISTAT to see how I get on. I feel slightly more optimistic as this is something I have wanted to try and am hoping with my common sense I shall prevail...!! I took my first tablet last night and had my 3 today with low fat meals - as I read all the side effects I realised that if I am 'naughty' ie eat much fat, the side effects will kick in so in a way, it is a preventative and I am very aware that I have to be very careful. I know from previous experiences of the slimming clubs that fat intake is the main problem and the low fat meals I should have. I am on a month's course and then weigh-in with my GP - hopefully with a decent weight loss. I feel a strong determination to stick to this and succeed in my weight loss. I have a long way to go with more than 6 stones to lose, so the support on here will be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck... sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

good luck and keep positive. I do find it a very diet to do as it literally just keeping within the limits of the total fat intake/

I split my day up as 5g's max for breakfast, 10g's for lunch then 15g's for tea. obviousl don't hit the max each time which enables me to have a few snacks if required during the day.

• Posted

Good Luck :lol:

I allow 4 grams of fat for my milk for breakfast a cups of tea and 2 for Skinny Cow hot chocolate at bedtime (i use 3 spoonsful instead of 2 :lol: and log what i have eaten and try to plan ahead to make sure I keep within the limits. The nurse I see asked me to calory count as well so that I eat between 1200-1500 calories as she reckons the weight should come off then. This means that I have to eat more than I used to but more healthily but I am finding that I think about food all the time now which is making me eat more regularly instead of skipping meals. I've been off work this week and did start to slip into bad habit of not eatting til lunch time, but told my self off and have eaten more regularly but have kicked myself for forgetting to take the tablets a few times :roll:

• Posted

Good luck....

Nice to have a few starting around the same time, we can compare stories and have the others that have been on for a while to give us tips and inspire us.

Try see if you can see your nurse on a 2 weekly basis rather than doc every month. It will help you keep on track and if you lucky can get a really nice supportive nurse.

I have 3 weeks to prove myself, thats why im keeping measurements and a daily food diary with fat content of everything incase the scales dont budge!!!

Looking forward to updates

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

Hi JoyGuk,

I'm new on here too and like you I've got a hell of a lot of weight to lose! but i reckon that with all the support and help that goes on on this forum we can do it!

Keep posting your experiences, if you have any tips or any foods to avoid and i'll do the same! My first home weigh in is on wednesday so I'm very nervous to see if the orlistat is actually working!

Vix :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.