New to orlistat and very confused, please help all you orlistat veterans!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

After a few health discoveries the doctor has put me on orlistat. I have heard some good and bad reviews. I'm scared I'm going to s**t myself if I'm out in a restaurant or in town.

can I come off them if I know I have a big night out coming up involving alcohol?? Don't want to be sober or in the toilet changing my knickers or blocking up the toilet or stinking it out!!!

what foods should I avoid?? Can someone give me a food list for a few days of what you would eat so I can have an idea??

is it 5g of fat per meal. That's not a lot!!!!

please help!!!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You won't get the side effects if you eat the right things 5g fat per 100 no more than 15g of fat per meal and no more than 45g fat a day believe me you can eat more than you can imagine on these you just need to read the labels on the food packets.

No cheese apart from laughing cow light no oil apart from frylight. drink a ton of water as you will get bloated in the first 2 weeks.

Avoid junk food any food over 5g fat per 100g also if you search orlistat or xenical in the search bar my posts will come up of what i eat and where i have helped other people on here on these tablets.

They do work i have lost over 100lb in just over a year and have nearly finished my journey if you need any other help please just post back. How much do you have to lose?

Or reply back with what you do eat and i can tell you if it will work with the tablets

x

• Posted

You can drink on the tablets. Also if you are going to eat something on a night out you have to come off them 3 days in advance then retake 3 days after the meal to avoid side effects
  • Posted

For the next few weeks im working night shifts om a care home too so will be harder. I eat brown bread, can i have butter ? Can i have semi skimmed milk? I cant stand skimmes milk its like milk aha!!

Ideally about 4/5 stone!!

Thankyou so much!!!

• Posted

Hi

Yes all fine part from butter if it i a must for you then just use a scrape i don't eat butter on these tablets how are you getting on? 5 stone will come off in no time smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.