New to Paroxetine, Side effect question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have just been prescribed Paroxetine and was wondering how sever the side effect of sexual disorders are? I have read that its common to have lower sex drive which I would probably welcome a bit of a decrease in that... I did also see that erectile dysfunction was common, how bad or common is this? I'm 36 and married and whilst at present my sexdrive is much higher than my wife (hence the welcome of a reduction) how bad is it likely to get with maintaining or achieving erection?

Cheers

Phill

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ive just started on it Saturday also but I lost my drive ages ago on other meds so it cant get any worse
  • Posted

I've taken this for about 6 years and haven't wanted to have sex since tyre first day. It will disappear forever.

• Posted

I was on it for 4 years. Most of the time 40mg a day. My sexdrive was literally almost zero. I could somewhat get an erection if really exited, but I could not maintain it for very long. 

Overall i did not desire sex while on it. 

• Posted

Im just on 20mg over a week but have lost my sex drive with about a year now, came off Lexapro and Lyrica thinking it was caused by them but 3 months off them and it didnt return
  • Posted

Been on it for about 3 weeks, sexual effects for me so far is that it takes much longer to reach orgasm. Drive may be slightly effected but only a bit. Was usually too quick in the past so could be a bit of a blessing provided it doesn't get worse. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.