New to prozac

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I am on my fifth week. I am pretty sure they are working as afternoons seem much better but I have had nausea, dizziness and panic most mornings. Drag myself into work then it gradually gets better. Is this normal for 5 weeks. Not sure if the nausea and dizziness is due to anxiety as it was before I started Prozac or if it’s a side effect. I also get a horrible pressure in my head!  I’m too scared to give up on them but desperately hoping I will feel better soon. Can anyone advise please. Thanks 

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes definitely sounds normal to me.
    • Posted

I didn’t even have side effects until I hit week 4, then they were awful.  I’m still struggling with the anxiety in week 8.  I previously wasn’t having bad anxiety, so this is what is causing it.  I also have some nausea, dizziness, etc. so trying to get through it.  Dr says it does go away eventually.
    • Posted

I have found that stemitil does nothing for the nausea so just trying ginger tea. The worst thing is being dizzy makes me panic so I just get out of bed and into shower when it happens to try and get rid of it. Seems so unfair that you make decision to go on Prozac when you are so desperate and then it gets worse for weeks!!! However thanks to everyone for your replies it has helped so much 
    • Posted

I totally get it! As I am dizzy to. My energy level is low and the dizziness have been the hardest . I just don’t know if it’ll go away. I am hoping as my serotonin raises then so my anxiety goes down and so will the dizziness -of the dizziness is related to anxiety and not prozac. If it’s prozac then sadly

I’ll have to switch and I really

Don’t want to. I want to wait . Showers always make me feel

More sick.

But so what makes you feel better. Laying flat on my back helps. 

Hopefully we WILL get through this. 

• Posted

Hate mornings! Been sitting up since 4 and have to get ready for work now. At night I can rationalise why I feel bad but in the morning it’s sheer panic thinking tablets not working. This is so rubbish 
    • Posted

Hi Laurie. 6 weeks total but just upped from 20-30mg 6 days Ago. 
    • Posted

Hi caz, I am so sorry I know it sucks. I’m in California and I couldn’t even sleep thru the night I wake up with panic. I say your strong for powering thru to work. Is there a way you can take time for yourself? 

Just keep thinking this is the moment and it will pass. It’s not forever. And ride it out. So you journal? That helps me. If your at work just keep distracted till the day is over. Can you take meds with you? 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, it’s amazing to think you are in California! Very bad weather here in uk but hopefully by spring I will feel better! It helps so much to know it’s just the tablets making me feel rough and that it will end!  When I wake with panic I try to breathe in for 5 hold for 4 and breathe out for 8 ... helps me focus on something anyway! Hope you get sleep tonight. 😊

• Posted

So glad your breathing helps. Keep doing it. His are you today? My insomnia is hitting me along with my loss of apetite. To be expected with upping my dose. I’m

I love the UK. Went to London for Olympics n fell in love with it. 

• Posted

You are? No way! I feel like everyone on here is overseas. Hehe. 

How are your side effects? Mine r the same so far. 

• Posted

Hi. Sorry to hear you are not sleeping, it feels worse when you are tired as well. I am hoping I will get better on 20 mg can’t face thinking the side effects will last much longer. But I know these tablets will work for us as I haven’t heard many people who say it doesn’t if they stick with it.  I am still feeling nauseous and dizzy but trying not to panic 😱. Yes uk is good, shame about the weather! I hope you have a good night 😊 hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.