New to Raynaud's Phenomenon

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I have just been diagnosed with having Raynaud's. I hear a lot of you guys having it on the hands but mine is on my toes (at least for now). I started seeing and feeling a small blister on my little toe which I thought was my shoes at first. As a female I am all to familiar with shoe blisters and after a week I realized it was not that. It became painful, swollen, then itchy. Soon I noticed it has spread to the top of another of my toes on my left foot. My right foot seemed to be ok until I started to get these freezing, numb, painful, burst on my toes on my right foot. It would hurt so bad while driving and then trying to walk on it. I finally went to the doctor a, podiatrist, who right away saw my feet and said it was Raynaud's. It has been at least 3 weeks since the blister on my little toe and it has not gone away, nor has it opened up, just swells up then it goes down, but very tender to touch making it hard to exercise. So depressesd right now. No medication was prescribed until I see a rheumatologist to see if there are other underlying problems that could have caused my Raynaud's.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Has anyone tried acupuncture to help with the blood circulation?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry for all typos. I live in the US. It is 2:30 am. I need to go to bed. Good luck with you Raynauds.

God bless you

Kristy k

• Posted

Hi new to this, but so glad to see others have got this problem! I've had it for about three years now. My hands are near

y always blue/red/white. It's got so bad this year that I have now got chill blanes all over my fingers. My wrists hurt and fingers itch like mad. I can't go anywhere without my gloves! The doctor gave me tablets and said it was raynauds , but as I am only 28 I felt like tablets was not the way forward...

amy

• Posted

When you speak of the red , white and blue color changes, it reminds me what I say to others who see this, I AM VERY PATRIOTIC.

A little humor always helps. ( I live in California, U. S.)

God bless,

Kristyk

• Posted

I've had Raynauds for about 15 to 20 years, getting gradually worse till I wear gloves indoors in the winter. It's painful and awkward – getting keys or change out of my purse is difficult because I can't feel anything, and stuff like peeling potatoes or cutting up a chicken from the fridge is very unpleasant. Gloves don't really work because my hands aren't generating any heat to be kept in! – so if I'm outdoors in the winter I carry hand warmers, tried various kinds over the years.

TILL NOW! I have been prescribed sertraline for depression and anxiety and the Raynauds was immediately better from day one. I'm on week six now and it's really cold out and I just get normal cold hands, they don't go white/blue/red, they don't get that ghastly line halfway down where the white abruptly changes to pink. I don't have to dip them in warm water for two whole minutes just to restore some life. When I noticed the change I looked it up and it is a possible side effect... I'm so pleased (still anxious though!). 

• Posted

I've had Raynaud's since I was 5 and it got worst and worst I'm 27 now and on nifedipine for it. The nifedipine works for couple of months and I've been having a massive attack on both of my feet even under my toes I can't bend my toes as so painful I went the doc and she couldn't find a pulse as has sent me to have a test to see where my pulse is etc, the doc said they aint seen a bad case like mine for my age but I'm struggling day to day activity coz of pajn and bumps and lumps on my feet 22 years and still suffering their is no cues just gotta try live day to day life with pain after pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.