New to sertraline (Zoloft)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I just got prescribed sertraline (Zoloft) for my anxiety and was wondering what would be the best time to take the drug, or if that even maters. Would it be better in the afternoon or morning.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. try night or morning to see what's best for you!

• Posted

Hi sheldon, i personally have been on setraline (zoloft) for 3 weeks or so, 40 yr old male. I am unfortunately stubborn and for some reason cut my pills in half. And due to my stubbornness i am still dealing with anxiety every other day, so i agree with the last post, take exactly what doseage was prescribed and take with food. Hopefully you will see results before me. Im now coming around to take full 25mg dosage cause im fighting a fight with myself and its not helping. Good luck
    • Posted

Give yourself a chance to be free of anxiety. Take meds as directed and generally after a few weeks you will feel better. It is generally a hormone imbalance in the brain and meds help to balance the hormone. 

Dont cheat urself out of feeling better. You deserve a better life free from crippling anxiety.

• Posted

Hi, i really appreciate your input....have u or did you take meds before?
    • Posted

Hello, yes . it's all about wanting to feel better a better quality of life. Right!

• Posted

Hello and I hope you start feeling better, you will but remeber it takes time for these meds to work so hang in there. The best time is in the morning, that way you can sort of self monitor your progress which is good to know in case you Dr asks how you are doing. Taking these Meds at night can cause insomnia and bad nights so thats why morning is the best. One more thing, Zoloft is to  treat depression and helps with anxiety as the go together for the most part but if anxiety is your main issue then please tell your Dr, there are other drugs that focus on that mainly but you can take both with no issues, I do and it works pretty good. Good luck. 
  • Posted

I to have just started zoloft, my anxiety and panic as gone worse, can, t sleep and horrendous nausea with stomach bloating.i take my tabs in the morning, have you or anybody experienced this?hoping it will all wear off as anxiety as ruined my daily living.hope you ok soon.
    • Posted

Hi Brenda, I recently was put on Sertraline, within a couple of days my anxiety was through the roof, my inner voice was going absolutely nuts, I was having anxiety attacks where I would fall to the floor, have burning sensations all up and down the back of my arms and neck, I was shaking and jittering uncontrollably so I went to an out of hours doctor and he told me it was the side effects, so he advised me to stop, I'm currently taking nothing and trying to battle my anxiety alone as I'm too scared to take anything else, you're not alone! My anxiety has gotten a little better since I stopped taking them x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.