New to taking Tibolone bleeding already

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just found the forum whilst looking for side effects on bleeding. Basically I am 50 years old, been on the mini pill for years, came off about 2 months ago. Suffered for years with night sweats..and more recently aches & pains in joints, fatigue,mood swings,forgetfulness & absolutely zero sex drive & generally feeling very "couldn't care less attitude" I wouldn't say I was depressed more tearful at silly little things-anyway doctor has prescribed me Tibolone & felt much better in myself (almost calmer & aches eased up) after only a couple of days. I have started bleeding after day 4 (day 7 today) i know bleeding is a side effect & just wondering if anyone else started bleeding so early & should I stick with it? Thank you

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was precribed livial a few weeks ago and I remember my doctor telling me not to be alarmed if I have spotting or slight bleeding. But I would speak to your doc and find out if its nirmal.

I have been taking the drug for a few weeks and my joints ache, I feel weak, have pressure in my chest, shortness of breath, nausea.

• Posted

Hi how's everyone doing? I am totally fed up. Tibolone is working better for energy and I had some weeks where I felt pretty good. I've been taking it just over three months now and the last few weeks have been really up and down. Get flare up of joint/tendon pains all the time, this has happened since my surgical menopause 19 months ago regardless of the type of hrt I'm on and I'm starting to think that it'll never go away. It's always the same, if I'm on holiday it's fine but if slightly tired, try to exercise or slight bit of stress, it's worse. Feel like I have no control over my body and that was why I had the hysterectomy in the first place. Just have a new set of problems now. Every time I feel well I think "finally it's settling down" and then it starts again. I've started a supplement this week to see if it helps but I've bloated right up. Oh and I've put about 9 pounds on too. Sorry this is a very moany post. Just don't know what to do, it's not like it's all the time but I can't seem to get any consistency.

Let me know how you're all getting on.

L x

• Posted

Hi LouLou

i have actually come off it with docs approval, as I was only on it for 7 weeks. Thought I felt better but put weight on and the bleeds were annoying every other week, I'm currently trying Holland & Barrett menopause relief tablets, helps with mood and night sweats fingers xd it stays that way! 

• Posted

It will pass x I had all them symptoms but now I'm fine it took a few months but everything is rosy at the moment I been on livial for 6 months now x

• Posted

Good luck with the supplements Lisa, let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

Are you taking Livial alone or with supplements now? The joint flare ups have happened when I was on Premarin too and was on that for over a year. Due to having my ovaries removed, I have to take some form of hrt but after this, there's only implants to try and don't really want that.

Did you have joint pains and how long have you been feeling good? Long may it continue! x Oh and does anyone think they have a different response from Livial branded compared to generic Tibolone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.