New to this disease and this forum

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with DD about 6 months ago after having a ct scan! I think I have had it for several years without knowing but sure know about it now! Have searched Internet for advice on diet etc but doesn't seem to be much help at all? Dad had it and said he cut out tomatoes and nuts as they seemed to cause a flare up and strangely that seems to be my problem too! Am currently in the midst of a flare up and on antibiotics. Can anyone tell me how long their flare ups last? Mine seem to go on for weeks! I am a wedding photographer and had to do 10 hours in absolute agony on Saturday! Just wish I could stave it off when it begins but no idea how???

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Seems to be a thing with the younger oldies.

• Posted

smile Yes, I didn't even think I was at all old until I started getting things wrong with me sad I try and stay positive as there are a lot things worse!
  • Posted

I'm 52 so yes, it does seem a thing with the younger oldies. Mind you, when I have an attack I feel like I'm 100 years old. Thank you for the links to the other sites.

I'm beginning to get the hang of not eating this and not eating that, although my diet seems to consist of a lot of liquid foods. I also find that I can't eat heavy meals and do better having a 'snack' every 2-3 hours rather than the usual 3 meals a day - has anyone else found this easier on the system?

• Posted

Gosh I can't believe this was 6 years ago????  How are you doing?confused

• Posted

It's so good to talk to people with the same stuff as me. I was speaking to an IBS sufferer the other day and she asked me if I take probiotics daily, not as a yogurt but in tablet or capsule form from the health stores. They are to be taken with an hour before and after of a time when you have not had hot beverages as the heat kills the bacteria. Hope to see you in the other forum. Like this one they blow hot and cold for awhile until a newbie turns up.
  • Posted

Hi Amaranth, Yes, I find it better to have little and often and actually when my kids come to stay with the grandchildren I seem to eat more at meal times as I cook mains and puds and and the kids are not allowed to eat in between meals so I try not to so that they don't get upset! After they have gone, I always seem to get trouble with dv (I call it that cos can't be bothered to spell the whole name!)

Designergirl - I will try and get on the other forum but to be honest I find it hard to keep up with it all in normal circumstances! It is only when I am under the weather with this awful thing that I get some time! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.