New to this,does this sound like fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,I haven't been to doctor yet but plan to,but just wondered if this all sounds familiar! Thinking back now,I think I have suffered on and off for about 10 years,where every couple of months for about 2 weeks,I would feel abit like I was coming down with something,body ache,feeling very tired,no energy then it would gradually go and I would feel fine,but also remember suffering back ache alot,still do,had hip pain in the past. As I have got older,I still get this feeling every few months but has gradually got worse,with achey pains in my arms,legs,arms feeling heavy,head aches,pains by my ribs,tummy cramps,and so so tired and my mind not quite as with it! I had a cold nearly two weeks ago and it started then with shooting pains here and then,rib pain,back pain etc. The cold went but I still felt rubbish,iam just starting to feel ok again,pains/aches gradually easing off. Was taking painkillers which helped a little bit. Do you get flare ups where your worse and then get good times? Sorry if it doesn't make sense,trying to get it all down but there are so many weird pains/aches,I think iam forgetting some.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey, some of your symptoms sound like fibromyalgia but could also be many other conditions! The main way that it is diagnosed is by pains in certain areas of your body. If you can google pain points for fibromyalgia and see if thats where you feel pain. Good luck when you see your gp. Deb
    • Posted

Thanks for replying,I have looked at the points and some points are painful. Just sitting here,across my back is aching,shooting pains in my arm and wrist,rib pain,that's not as bad as it has been. I feel for all you that are suffering alot more,it's horrid.
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, it does sound similar to fibromyalgia, but I suggest you go and see your GP and you can suggest to test for fibromyalgia, usually a blood test ! biggrin
  • Posted

Morning Tracey...Sounds like you need a visit to you dr, who will, hopefully confirm your condition..I were diagnosed in 2011 with Fibro, but obviously had it for years. Being in pain all the time is no fun, I have had numerous pain killers over the years. Now taking Paracetamol and Oramorph, it only takes the edge off. I also use heat pads daily, as I type..Have a good day..Anne..
  • Posted

Thanks everyone,I have an appt in a few weeks,earliest they could get me in! Still feeling tired,pains aren't too bad,although my wrist is hurting today when I move it! Before you were all diagnosed,did you panic it was something else really bad,iam not good with doctors and I always think the worst,iam panicking about my appt in case it's something bad,not that fibromyalgia isn't bad.
    • Posted

Hi tracey68843

Until the pain is diagnosed it is a frustrating time. I covered all angles and was open to anything and everything just to find the reasons for my pains. In my case it took 20 years. Partly I think it took this long as I was fighting it and hoping it would disappear one day and also started a family which was a challenge and a half. Still here suffering but it has made me a stronger person to deal with alot of my pains. I still do have down days but have come accustom to the pains.

Treat everyday as a new day with a positive note and hope the next day will be better than the last. Everyone deals with pain in different ways. Mine is to stay calm and stay positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.