new to this, feeling scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

So not really sure where to start, I've had problems with Anxiety for a long time, heart palpitations, nausea, dizzyness, fear of death, feeling of not being in control of my body. Things have definitely got worse, i think because my dad had a heart attack recently, then a friend of the family died suddenly and young. I now seem to not be able to go a day without worrying about death, having what i think are panic attacks almost everyday but worrying its something serious. Does anyone else feel like this, i honestly feel like i am going mad. Its affecting my concentration at work, its putting a strain on my relationship despite my partner being as supportful as possible, but its very hard to describe to someone how you feel when they haven't felt the same way. Am i alone in this?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No your not alone, these are common anxiety symptoms. Very hard to know how to deal with I know. Therapy can be helpful if your not in it already, it really can
  • Posted

You are definitely not alone! Try to recognise when you start to feel the panic coming on and try to accept that it is a panic attack and nothing more. I try to tell myself that 'yes I am now going to panic but I know that it is only in my mind and nothing is actually going to happen to me'. That might work for you. You could also maybe try Kalms, I find them really helpful.
  • Posted

I have had the  same feelings and fears for longer than I care to remember,but they really are ONLY panic attacks and in fact to prove it ,I am still here!!

You are not alone in  feeling this way.

• Posted

Hi,sorry your going through this but your not alone i have all the symptoms you have but just some more.now what your going through is alot of stress that builds up your anxiety to a more maximum level,an causes your symptoms to elevate.like me here are my symptoms palpitations, internal tremors,chest discomfort, pain facial paralisis, feels like something crawling in my head ,headaches,fatigue thats very bad,eyes hurt,numbing arms and legs hands,blurry vision hard to breath fear of death panic attacks and dizziness that i have been going through all of this for almost three years now 24/7 non stop just want to let u know your not alone read books and one of the best ways is exercise take a far walk everyday think positive and you will learn to control your symptoms goodluck and we will be normal one day god bless....
  • Posted

Thanks for all of your replies, its such a horrible feeling it feels like there has to be something more seriously wrong in relation to what I physically feel. I too get eye pain and heavy headaches. I also dont sleep well at all, I fear to go to sleep as feel like I will die in my sleep. I feel so crazy even as I write this but its reassuring atleast to know im not alone x
    • Posted

Did you get tested? Blood, MRI, X-ray , ENT. Cardiologist?  I feel the same way! A friend of mine had the same symptoms! She has MS. But I'm not claiming any sickness, I believe in my God above, he will heal me, and take away all the problems!
  • Posted

I can identify with your feelings, I too thought I was losing my mind. I used to pull over while driving, get out of the car, heart racing, panic. Then while in a book store I came across a book about panic attacks, read it over, and over, one more time, and over. I felt a relief come over me, I now understood what was happening, next step, deal with it, accept it, I mean really accept what this thing is, I did, that was in the early 70's, now I may get some mild twinges because our minds will not let us totally forget, which is exactly what the author wrote.

Comforting to know what the mind is capeable of, and what rationality can do to live life in a controlled calm state without drugs, doctors, or therapy. But thats me, what ever works for you, go for it.

• Posted

Have found my way here after suffering for years but having been in acute distress for months now and having all the same things as you, it's terrifying and doctor has put me on antidepressants, its only been a couple of weeks and i am starting to feel a little better.... One thing i am grateful for is i do not have many problems sleeping or staying asleep if i wake up... Small blessing!
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Tracie, glad you feel like you are on the mend, I think thats one of my big issues, i hardly sleep at all and i'm sure that doesn't help the situation
  • Posted

I know i wouldn't cope without my sleep! Meditation is helping me too, but i know thats not everyones cup of tea
  • Posted

Hi kerri I also go through the same symtems as you heres my story...........  

I am now 21 and have suffrred frombad  axiety and slight panic attacks I have coped with it even thpugh i couldnt go out on my own or was scared when i was left alone and i dodged all these by geyting someone to even go shop with me ect.... couldnt even sleep in the dark i had to have a tv on at night and still at 21. till these past few weeks....  I had to move back in with my parent as me and my daughter had to get away from my ex partner... shortly after I got my own place, with a new partner... I was fine fpr a few days but then all of a sudden I wad sleeping and I woke up ferling weird and thats when I had a big panic attack.... since that night throughthe day I have felt I am out of my own body and its the most weirdest and scariest feeling ever.... to the point I panic aaout ot and constantly think about it...  I do not sleep very well eithed and cant sleep through the day but its strange because at night time when it gets dark.I feel normal and myself. I went to the doctors and he put me on propanalol which I took twice because I also have fear of the side effects which panic me more..... I have now just brought kalms and now scared of taking them incase of side effects so if anyone cal help be with this part would be great?......

Its a constant circle for me and feel like im going crazy or even brain dead as my head just feels numb. I do feel like im never going to get better but I hope one day I will and hope one day you do to huni. X

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way, I can understand exactly how you are feeling. I also spend most nights with the tv on even now and im 28!, I worry about different medications I get anxious about how they will make me feel which prevents me from taking them. I have also tried kalms but they made me feel a bit dizzy so stopped taking them. Ive now been accepted to go for relaxation therapy im hoping it will help me to feel less anxious. Theres no real answers to help, and its trying to get my brain to understand its anxiety and not anything serious. I hope you things get better for you too!xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.