new to this forum, glad I came here

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 2 weeks from my TKR and was looking for info on dizziness post-op, so glad I came upon this forum, made me feel much less sorry for myself.

I had two pretty bad dizzy spells so I cut back the pain meds (Oxycodone and Tramodal) to just one a day.  Seems to be working so far.  I am already at 107 degrees of flexion, which appears to be pretty good for just two weeks out.  Using a cane but I can walk some without it.  

Glad to hear that eventually all this will be worth it - keep the faith!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

the dizzy spells may very well have been from the tramadol and oxycodone . . two pretty powerful drugs.  Makes me think you are maybe in the States?  We don't get that sort of medication here in Spain, however much we ask for it (horrible doctors!)  However, I am still getting balance problems a year after the op, but really have no idea if it is connected or not. . .probably just another of those irritating little problems of getting old. And yes, it does finally get better, abnd you'll be glad ou had the TKR. Takes a while though. Your bend is excellent . .don't forget the extension which is equally, if not more, important!  

• Posted

Yes I am in the USA. I reached 110 on the flexion and -4 on the straightening today. Got the staples out yesterday afternoon. More work to do!
    • Posted

Yes, but don't push yourself too hard!  you are doing so well . . 
    • Posted

Slow and steady. The things you will probably notice from time to time are minor set backs. You will notice certain muscles responsin g differently as nerve damage starts to mend. You'll swear you didn't do anything differently and you probably didnt. Its the body telling you Its in charge. There are certain messages to the brain that have been disrupted and are being more or less rerouted. These things just take time and as WE are all different, happen at different times and to different degrees. Where are you located. I'm in the KC area and the changing weather and barometer movement has bed driving me nuts the last couple of weeks. If it would just turn cold and get on with winter I'd be better off. Because of the type of problem that caused my original condition and subsequent problems I am sort of a lab rat. I get a little more time and space with the medical staff and much of my care is looked at by a number of disciplines. They are convinced that weather is really a part of my healing process.
    • Posted

Sage advice. I am in Virginia and so far it's been a very mild early winter. It gets pretty darn cold from here on out usually, so we'll see how that feels when it gets here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.